—Pro Team Driver—
— TWO-TIME IFMAR OFF-ROAD WORLD CHAMPION
— 27 ROAR NATIONAL TITLES
— TWO-TIME REEDY RACE OF CHAMPIONS WINNER
Ryan is one of the most decorated off-road R/C racers in history, having competed for the past 29 years—Ryan started in radio control racing at age 6.
Hometown: Chandler, Arizona Pro R/C Experience: 19 years
Professional RC Accomplishments
- 2017 IFMAR 1:10 Electric Off-Road World Champion in 2WD Buggy and 4WD Buggy in Xiamen, China.
- Tallied nine Top 3 podium finishes at IFMAR World Championship events.
- Compiled 27 national ROAR off-road titles, second-most all-time among active drivers behind only Ryan Cavalieri (29 titles).
- Current 5-time defending ROAR national champion in 1:8 eBuggy (2015-19).
- Won first ROAR title in Nitro Buggy in 2006 at age 20.
- Coming off a stellar 2021 campaign where he swept Pro Nitro Buggy and Truggy and eBuggy at the Dirt Nitro Challenge, was victorious in eBuggy at the Alabama Manufacturers Shootout, and won Pro Nitro Buggy at Silver State.
- Has enjoyed early success in 2022 with eight major pro class victories: pro class sweep at Southern Indoor Nationals, two pro victories at Dirt Nitro Challenge, and a win in Pro Nitro Buggy at both the Psycho Nitro Blast and Silver State Championships, and a Pro Nitro Truggy triumph at the Southern Nationals.
- Rare multi-time winner of the Reedy Race of Champions, taking the 2015 and 2020 titles.
- Winner of 18 modified class championships at the Cactus Classic.
- 18-time winner at the JConcepts Clash.
- Has seven victories all-time at the Silver State Championships in Las Vegas.
- Has posted 14 all-time Pro class wins at the Alabama Manufacturers Shootout.
- Four-time Pro class race winner at the AMain Hobbies Manufacturers Cup in Chico, CA at Silver Dollar R/C Raceway.
Watch Ryan's Latest YouTube Videos
ProTek RC Pro Team driver legend Ryan Maifield shares speed runs, maintenance upgrades, and more on his YouTube channel. Catch his latest video, and while you're there, be sure to subscribe to see his most recent posts.
RM2 Product Line Overview
Here is an overview of the RM2 Product line. I wanted to take a minute to go over a few of our latest products.
Ryan Maifield Home Wrench Room
I had a few request to see my home wrench room, enjoy the quick tour!
4-Shoe Clutch Maintenance
Ryan Maifield, combined with the designers at JConcepts, developed a handy tool for the nitro racer's toolbox.
Ball Differential Build - Tips & Tricks
While assembling a Yokomo YZ-2DTM3 for AMain Hobbies Ryan shows you how he put together a ball diff.
ProTek RM Maifield Edition .21 Engine
The ProTek R/C Samurai RM Maifield Edition Nitro Engine is Ryan Maifield's weapon of choice for the battlefield.
RM2 Camber Gauge
Laser etched with graduated measurements from -10 to +10 degrees for a complete range of camber adjustments.
Mounting The JConcepts F2I Wing
Check out this quick video on how I mount the new JConcepts Inc F2I wing on my Mugen Seiki Racing MBX8.
Hitting The Trails With My Dream Truck
In between other projects I wanted to build a mini version of my dream truck.