— TWO-TIME ROAR NATIONAL CHAMPION
— SEVEN-TIME WINNER AT SOUTHERN NATIONALS
— THREE-TIME WINNER AT PSYCHO NITRO BLAST
Joe has been a mainstay in 1:8 scale off-road racing for the past decade.
Hometown: New Philadelphia, Ohio Pro R/C Experience: 8 years
Professional RC Accomplishments
- Won ROAR national titles in 2019 (eTruggy) and 2018 (4WD Short Course).
- Has posted six career Top 3 podium finishes at the Dirt Nitro Challenge.
- TQ’d and finished second (behind teammate Ryan Maifield) in Pro Nitro Buggy at the 2022 Dirt Nitro Challenge in Perris, CA.
- Won Pro Nitro Truck at the 2019 Silver State Championships in Las Vegas.
- Took top honors at the Psycho Nitro Blast in Pro eBuggy in 2017 and 2019. Also won PNB title in eTruggy in 2017.
- Five-time class winner at the Alabama Manufacturers Shootout, including three victories in eBuggy.
- Swept the 2017 Motorama event in Harrisburg, PA with wins in eBuggy, eTruggy, and Pro 4 Short Course.
- Seven-time Southern Nationals winner in West Monroe, Louisiana.
Check out Joe's short but saweeeeet RC track videos on YouTube. He also has a few tips and tricks for you to try on your RC, and don't forget to subscribe to his channel!
Running Laps at The Dirt
Joe Bornhorst running laps at The Dirt raceway with his SWORKz S35-4.
MKS Servo Preparation
Check out how I prepare my MKS Servo Tech 599 servos before I install them in any of my Tekno RC cars or trucks.
Phil Hurd Raceway
Joe Bornhorst with his SWORKz S35-4E running laps at Phil Hurd Raceway.