This is the Team Losi Racing Starter Box, and is intended for use with the Team Losi Racing 8IGHT and 8IGHT-T line of 1/8 scale nitro buggies and truggies. This stylish box features a single 775-sized motor, exterior power jacks for easy battery charging and will accept NiMH or LiPo battery power.
- High-Powered 775-size motor for engine-firing torque and long life
- Compatible with any Team Losi Racing 8IGHT/8IGHT-T vehicle
- Adjustable positioning mounts for simple conversion from Buggy to Truggy in seconds
- Versatile power capable of NiMH and LiPo battery packs
- Optimized Rubber Starter Wheel for improved contact with engine flywheel; provides quick and efficient engine starting
- Power jacks allow for convenient charging for the battery
If you push down on the rear shock tower instead of the engine......the chassis likely will not flex enough......and the starter wheel often won't engage the flywheel. After having difficulties in the beginning....I stumbled onto this tip while watching a losi instructional video on youtube. Now my starter box works every time!
I gave only four stars because solder joints on the motor tabs were faulty out of the box. I had to re-route wires and re-solder. Converted to use 4S lipo. Works ok now. Probably should be only three stars on this box.....but I love my 8 RTR racecar!
Well worth the money
I returned for a full refund. No problem. TLR is owned and horribly operated by Horizon. It's their fault this starter box says it will work with "ALL Losi vehicles"; obviously there has been an oversight. The readyset (with Pull-Starter) has higher motor mounts to accomidate the pull starter and that barely clears the rear brace.
Box should say, "Does NOT work with readyset." No fault of AMain at all. Nice Box though; IF it had worked. Open bottom, plenty of room for different batteries. One flaw though is that the carry handle touches the on/off switch and interferes to the point it will shut off the box when the handle is down.