The TLR 22 5.0 DC Elite 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy Kit gives drivers a professional grade, full team-level kit all in one box! Optimized for dirt and clay tracks, the ELITE kit features fully adjustable rear pivots, adjustable height rear hubs, carbon fiber option parts throughout, and all the aluminum parts have been changed to a sharp black anodizing with silver chamferred edges to pop against the hard anodized chassis and shock bodies.
Building on the improvements to the 22 5.0, the ELITE kit is significantly easier to drive while still giving the car more mid-corning steering with the revised steering geometry, smoother G3 shocks, and the optimized flex of the 2mm chassis plate. Designed to win straight out of the box, the 22 5.0 DC ELITE maximizes performance and is podium ready.
NOTE: Painted body, wheels, tires and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Pro Level Ready
- Carbon Fiber Options Included
- Aluminum Options Included
- New Adjustable Rear Hub and Pivots
- Titanium Turnbuckles Included
- Revamped steering geometry
- Super Heavy Duty Slipper (SHDS)
- Laydown transmission configuration
- Stiffezel suspension components
- Fully Updated Differential
- Built-In Motor Fan Mount
- Lightweight body
- 2.0 Milled aluminum chassis
- Gen3 12mm big-bore shocks
- Front Roll Center Adjustment
- New Front Camber Block and Battery Hold Down
- Ballast tuning options (ballast sold separately)
- Pro Level Ready: Including all of the key option parts that the TLR factory race team uses to win across the world, the 22 5.0 DC ELITE is truly Pro Level Ready from a kit build right out of the box... more so than any 2WD buggy kit ever offered. Parts include Carbon Fiber, Black Anodized Aluminum and Titanium turnbuckles.
- Carbon Fiber Parts Included: The overwhelming popular carbon fiber option and tuning parts for the 22 5.0's have been added into the kit. +2mm front and rear shock towers, electronics mounting plate, and a rear wing washer are now included in the kit!
- Aluminum Option Parts Included: As the team has found many of the optional aluminum parts for the 22 5.0 to improve maintenance or performance, those are now included in the kit as well. Aluminum options included are the bell cranks, drag link, servo mount, outer front bearing inserts, rear camber block, C and D pivots, and aluminum nuts throughout.
- Redesigned Rear Hubs and Inner Rear Pivots: The 22 5.0 DC ELITE includes Inner Rear Pivots with roll center, track width, anti-squat and toe adjustment paired with the Variable Height Axle (VHA) rear hubs which also give more roll center and axle height adjustment. This is the most adjustable rear suspension TLR has ever produced.
- Titanium Turnbuckles Included: Titanium turnbuckles have always been a premium upgrade for race vehicles, and there could not be a proper 22 5.0 DC ELITE kit without them. Included are titanium turnbuckles throughout the buggy to save weight and increase performance.
- Revamped Steering Geometry: The 22 5.0 is the best driving 2wd Team Losi Racing has ever created, and the biggest improvement comes from the steering geometry. Increasing the length of the steering bell cranks and spindle arms, along with changes to the Ackermann angle give the 22 5.0 a significantly smoother steering feel, especially off-center and high speed, while increasing low-speed steering for tighter tracks and 180's.
- Super Heavy Duty Slipper (SHDS): The slipper is optimized with redesigned slipper plates, slipper pads, spring, spur gears, and a redesigned top shaft. The top shaft uses a sturdy M4 lock nut, the slipper pads allow for spur gears sized 69T to 81T, reduced slipper pad area provides a more linear slip through the throttle application, and thicker slipper plate keep consistent pressure across the surface of the slipper pads.
- G3 12mm Big Bore Shocks: The G3 shocks give the 22 5.0 the plush handling and consistent, leak-free bleed as the Gen II shocks, but with some long-anticipated ease of use improvements. No more e-clips as the pistons are now secured by screws, redesigned shock caps and shock bodies increase the spring collar height by 3mm to accommodate lower ride heights, while updated eyelets and spring cups provide -3mm, 0mm and +4mm spring cup off-sets and paired with the eyelets will never pop off with the screw in feature. The eyelets are also made in two lengths that allow racers to switch between different heights, and work with revised shock balls that finally slide into the front arms smoothly and easily.
- 2.0 Milled Aluminum Chassis: Maximizing the flex characteristics for all surfaces, the 2.0mm thick chassis give the right about of flex and rigidity for smooth corning, optimized balance, and bounce-free landings.
- Fully Updated Differential: Using all of the revised components from the 22 2.0 ball differential, the 22 5.0 diff will deliver super-smooth, long-lasting performance. Features include revised thrust washers, tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, a one piece nut, and a self-centering diff gear.
- 22 5.0 Body: Maintaining the excellent balance, grip, and stability of the 22 4.0 body, with a similar styling, the 22 5.0 body is pulled from 0.8mm PC plate for a lightweight body that still has fantastic durability. As with all TLR bodies, the 5.0 body will be precut in the kit.
- TLR Low Front Wing Included: With the higher speed, higher grip tracks of today, a front wing will increase steering in high speed turns and on power, while making the steering on entry smoother - the best of all worlds.
- All Metric Hardware: Using all metric hardware make it easy to find replacement screws, nuts and washers, and helps to limit the number to tools required in the toolbox.
- Diff Height Adjustment: The 22 4.0 included diff height adjustments including 0 and +3.5mm settings. The 22 5.0 DC includes 0mm, +1mm, +1.75mm, +2.5mm, and +3.5mm diff heights to optimize bone plunge for different axle heights, ride heights, and grip levels.
- Front Roll Center Adjustment: The 22 5.0 includes the standard Low Roll Center (LRC) front pivot with kick shim in the kit and offers the optional High Roll Center (HRC) front pivot separately. A new 1mm thick kick shim is also included. Now, racers can run the Super Low Roll, Low Roll, Medium Roll, or High Roll Centers, or High Roll Center, with a 3mm adjustment window.
- Updated Front Camber Block: The front camber block adds a third camber link option between the tradition inside and outside holes. The new position provides the best balance of steering and stability in many conditions, and allows the 22 5.0 to be more dialed-in on more different grip levels.
- Updated Battery Hold Down: The 22 5.0 boasts the most versatile and easiest to use battery hold down system. The battery cradles key into the mud guards for five fixed, and easy to duplicate, battery positions. The battery is then held down with elastomer straps on each end that can stretch to fit any height shorty battery and any weight plates under it. Best of all, the battery is out in no time flat and back in just as easily.
- Optimized Composites: The balance and consistency of the 22 5.0 can be tuned using different composite materials in key parts throughout the vehicle. The kit included the parts the race team prefers: Stiffezel front suspension arms, mud guards, and waterfall and soft rear suspension arms.
- Ballast Tuning Options: Optional brass ballast weighs can be mounted under the servo, under the battery, and under the laydown transmission idler. This makes it easy to tune the static weight and weight bias for changing track conditions. When running a higher static weight, the chassis will become more neutral and easier to drive on ultra-high-grip surfaces.
- TLR 6.5" Rear Wing: Pulled from ultra-durable 1.2mm polycarbonate, the TLR 6.5" rear wing isn't new for the 5.0. Instead, this wing has proven itself as the longest lasting and most stable rear wing available for 1/10 2wd buggies over the past few years - and it comes in your kit.
- Built-In Motor Fan Mount: The prevalence of spec racing has led to the need for many racers to run motor fans to keep temperatures lower. Rather than an aluminum mount, or double-sided tape, the 22 5.0 includes a molded fan mount secured to the mud guard for easy and dependable fan mounting.
- Laydown Configuration: The laydown 3-gear transmission moves the motor forward by 20mm+ to a more centralized location. The benefit is a chassis that drives much flatter and carries more corner speed.
- (1) 22 5.0 DC ELITE Kit
- (1) 22™ 5.0 Cab Forward Body
- (1) Product Manual
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- Battery and Charger
- Wheels and Tires
- Tools - Please refer to the manual for more details
This product was added to our catalog on August 27, 2019
On another note this isn’t my first buggy and by far the engineering and parts included with this kit are amazing TLR has really come a long way and I can’t wait to put some hours behind the wheel with this awesome little buggy!
The only things that I wasnt a fan of so far was getting the steering link onto the servo horn ball as that was a pain, the fact that they have a few screws that require a .050" hex tool, but the rest are metric which is supremely stupid, but the instruction manual was my biggest issue. Maybe because the last 4 kits Ive built have all been different Tekno rigs and they have by far the best manuals out there, but if I were a first time or somewhat inexperienced builder there would have been several spots in the instructions where I could have done something wrong or been really confused. Rather than explaining unique things or special instructions on certain steps, they just use different symbols that you have to look up in a menu on a different page to see what they mean. Even then I found a couple times where had I not known how things go I would have been stuck. The instructions for filling and bleeding the shocks for instance have zero explanations on how to properly do the emulsion style which is what they tell you to do... Tekno instructions have an entire page dedicated to exlaining in detail how to build them properly,..
Anyway, overall i love the car itself and dont have any issues with it yet..
**18 month update**
The car is still awesome, no problems at all. I had come on here to price out getting a second 5.0 Elite to build and I was surprised to see the price has gone up to $419.99 from the $360.00 or so I paid shortly after it was released. Covid? Or something else??
When you build this buggy it will be WAY under 1500g. With a hobbywing ESC, 220g battery, and a 150g motor, heavy paint on the body, wheels and tires, and receiver I'm getting 1383 grams on the Roller! And you still have to balance the weight! at least the battery can be moved.
Those weighted parts will cost you 130.00 total on top of having to buy wheels another 20.00. You still have to buy tires and its fine as you wont know what type you need in order to race which will be about another 50.00
be aware of this. you cant "collect podiums" out of the box if you are way under weight.
Seach forums and you will be hard pressed to find anything on the subject