Pro-Line Trencher HP Belted 3.8" Pre-Mounted Truck Tires feature a High-Performance herringbone weave pattern belt, molded inside the relentless, tall and grippy tread of the Trencher HP tire. These are not your average belted tires! Made for All Terrain bashing, the Trencher HP 3.8" tires will not balloon or expand during use and will still provide the incredible grip that you expect from Pro-Line tires due to the soft M2 compound. Just like all Pro-Line's tires, they are proudly Made in the USA! Like the original Trencher X 3.8" tire, the next generation Trencher HP 3.8" is destined to become the ultimate, go-to Bash tire for your truck!
Please note that the Trencher HP tires are not meant to be extreme speed run tires and have achieved up to 75 mph or about 3,500 RPM under ideal conditions in testing. Over revving your Trencher HP tires could result in breaking the internal belt, which will NOT be covered under warranty. This can be caused by "diffing out" your tires or holding the throttle open while one, two or three of your tires are stopped, which substantially increases the RPM sent to the free-spinning tire or tires.
The Belted Trencher HP 3.8" tires come Pre-Mounted on the next generation 3.8" wheel design from Pro-Line, the Raid 3.8" Removable Hex Wheel! Imagine being able to replace a damaged wheel hex without needing to replace your glued tires! These Raid 3.8" wheels make this possible by using a unique 8x32 interlocking hex design that is secured to the wheel by 8 M3 screws that are spaced 32mm across. The hexes are included and are also available separately (6345-00). The built-in adjustability and ease of use make this a must-have wheel for bashers everywhere!
- Molded-in High-Performance Herringbone Weave Pattern Belt
- Trencher HP Tire Will Not Balloon or Expand at High Speed
- Horizontal H Shaped Tread for Ridiculous Amounts of Traction and Stability
- Over-sized Tall Tread is Second-to-none in Durability and Longevity
- Perfect for 3.8" Monster Trucks
- Extremely Detailed Sidewall Design for that Tough Off-Road Look
- Optimum Handling, Durability and Longevity
- Made in the Legendary M2 Compound
- Made in the USA, since 1982 - Read about Pro-Line Racing's History
- Removable Hexes Allow you to Easily Replace Damaged Hexes
- 17mm Wide Offset 8x32 Hexes are Included
- Wheel Made from High-strength, Durable DuPont Nylon Material
- Raid 10-spoke Wheel Design Mimics Full-size Racing Wheels
- M3 Wheel Hex Hardware Included
- (2) Pre-Mounted Trencher HP 3.8" Belted Tires on Raid Black 8x32 Removable Hex Wheels
- (2) 8x32 to 17mm 1/2" Offset Hex Adapters
- (16) M3 x 12mm long SHCS hardware
Cons- Just one.
- Weight- They are on the heavy side and if you do drive like a psycho and diff out, you WILL continue to blow out diff gears, and driveline just like you did with your stock tires.
Noteworthy observations but NOT cons.
- Ride- Almost no flex in sidewall. All landing impact is sent straight to suspension components as there is nearly zero cushion in these tires (BY DESIGN)
- Stock servos' life expectancy will shorten as more tire surface area contacting the ground means more friction and more strain on the servo. Upgrade, and make sure your servo saver is tuned properly or even the high rent servos will fail. These tires grip quite well under normal use as well as throughout the entire crash... cartwheel, roll... etc..... and will murder your servo.
- Ground clearance reduced as ballooning has been eliminated.
- Top speed decreased as ballooning has been eliminated.
Compound- Sticky AND durable. Tires last so much longer when the entire surface is always in contact with the road. Tread pattern is aggressive on all dry terrains.
- Wheelies for miles
On wet asphalt, wet concrete, wet grass, dry everything except deep powder dirt, sand and crushed limestone gravel.
- Ballooning nearly ZERO. Under .100" total diameter @55mph.
- Burnouts - Not really recommended but can be done on driveways with sealant especially when wet or on any surface when temps are below freezing.
- Stability- Increased due to the low profile sidewalls and almost no tire roll in turns.
I would recommend these tires/rims to anyone looking for a universal MT basher solution. Durability, traction, reliability.
I WOULD NOT recommend these to someone aiming for max air >/=20' height and the brutally hard landings that follow.