Dominate Pro Stock RC Drag Racing | DragRace Concepts
The DragRace Concepts Redline Sidewinder Pro Stock Kit is the ultimate option for Pro Mod class radio control drag racing. As RC Pro Stock Racers continue to push speeds to the limit, more is required from the chassis to accommodate the needs of this ultra competitive class. The Redline comes out of the box packed with the precision machined components you need to take the win, and offers a tightly engineered package for racers that demand a premium grade, straight line machine.
The Redline Sidewinder Pro Stock is based on the proven DRC1 platform, and is a 1S hot rod that offers updated features to deliver proven performance gains on the drag strip. The most obvious design change is the rear end upgrade that reduces the weight of the chassis, and moves the rear body mounts farther back for increased body support. A hollow, hardcoated T6 aluminum rear axle tube maximizes strength and reduces rotating mass, and rides on smaller 1/4x3/8" rear axle bearings to increase rear axle RPM while reducing drag on the drivetrain.
So if you are ready to take on the best of the best in prepped track RC drag racing, you need the best equipment. The Redline Pro Mod fills that roll with superior engineering and premium level components that will get you off the starting line faster - in a platform that is not a glorified short course truck.
A sidewinder chassis has a motor that sits perpendicular to the chassis with a pinion gear on the motor shaft. A spur gear is attached to the back side of the wheel hub, similar to a "pan car" style chassis.
- Pros: Sidewinder chassis are lighter since they do not have the extra rotating parts of the inline chassis. Additionally, a Sidewinder chassis offers an unlimited amount of gear ratio options allowing you to quickly change the pinion and spur gear as needed to match the diameter of the tire.
- Cons: Sidewinder cars require more work to balance the chassis. Due to the sideways position of the motor, the left and right rear tire weights are not the same. A scale board is required to balance the rear of the car by spacing out the rear hubs until the weight is balanced left and right. Also, the drivetrain of the Sidewinder chassis creates a "climbing effect" that causes the spur gear to want to climb over the pinion gear. This causes the front end of the chassis to want to lift more and typically requires lead weight added to the front of the chassis to combat this effect.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- 11" Wheelbase, Pro Stock Kit
- Premium grade, precision machined 7075 aluminum components
- Updates for 2021 to improve overall performance
- Sidewinder drivetrain configuration offers a lighter overall package and unlimited gear ratio options
- Updated rear end configuration reduces weight
- Relocated body mounts offer additional support
- 2.5mm carbon fiber frame rails
- 90% assembled chassis
Construction: 2.5mm Carbon Fiber
Chassis Components: 7075 High Strength Aluminum
Gear Ratio: Variable
Wheel Hubs: 4 Bolt Pattern
Steering Linkage: Included
Body Mounts: Included
Needed to Complete:
- ESC & 540 Motor
- Micro Size Steering Servo & Servo Horn
- 2 Channel Radio System
- 1S Shorty LiPo Battery & Compatible Charger
- Foam Rear Wheels/Tires (2.75" Tall tire recommended - DRC-207)
- Front Wheels/Tires (DRC Ultra Lock recommended - DRC-2000 or DRC-2001)
- DRC 64P Spur Gear & Pinion
- 11" Wheelbase Pro-Stock Body
- Tools for Assembly