The Castle Creations Mamba XLX 2 1/5 Scale Sensored Brushless Combo with 2028 1100Kv motor is a product guaranteed to redefine the limits of large scale R/C. Though it shares the name of its predecessor, the Mamba XLX, this is an ESC that lives in a class of its own.
NOTE: Some vehicles may require aftermarket parts to allow ESC and/or motor fitment.
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ running modes
- Powerful Integrated 20A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Premium forged heatsink with for superior airflow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 50mm fan
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions.
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the components and promote efficient heat transfer
- Data-logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for “on the-fly” adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of possible issues such as motor over-temperature and low voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six adjustable settings such as cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Easily tune and update ESC with USB and Bluetooth™ programming options.
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link app available on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas USA and backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty
- Input voltage range: 3S-8S LiPo
- Length: 3.98” (101.2mm)
- Width: 2.49” (63.3mm)
- Height: 2.2” (55.8mm)
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof*
- Cooling Fan: Yes, thermally controlled factory equipped (50mm) fully removable**
- Weight: 13.1 oz (371g)
- Running Modes: Sensored, Brushed, Sensorless and SmartSense™ when paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT Sensored Motor. (Dust cover included in package for non-sensored operation)
- Wire Gauge: 8AWG
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX, T7PXR Transmitters.
- Items Needed: Battery connectors designed for 150+ amps continuous, such as Castle 6.5mm polarized or CC BULLET 8.0MM
- Application Guidelines: 1:5th Scale vehicles weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Vehicle Examples: Losi DB XL-E,™ Losi Super Rock Rey™, Arrma Kraton 8s™, Arrma Outcast 8s™, Traxxas X-Maxx™ (Some vehicles may require aftermarket parts to allow ESC and/or motor fitment)
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 3S LiPo, MAX: 8S LiPo 33.6V
- Kv: 1100Kv
- Max. RPM: 45,000
- Diameter: 2.22” (56.3mm)
- Length: 4.44” (112.7mm)
- Shaft Size: 30mm (Length), 8mm (Diameter)
- Weight (w/wires): 44 oz./1.25kg
- Mounting Hole Specifications: Holes: 4mm, Spacing: 30mm
- Connectors: 8.0mm male connectors, 300mm Direct Connect Sensor Wire
- Mamba XLX2 ESC
- 2028-1100kv Sensored Brushless Motor
- 300mm Direct Connect Sensor Wire
- Mamba Decals
- Mamba XLX2 Quick Start Guide
- Sensor port dust cover
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
This product was added to our catalog on March 30, 2021
Setting up a second combo im my dbxle 2.0 also.
I am an owner of several versions of the Castle creations ESC and Motor combos.
The good : Yes - they perform great when there are no problems. The tune ability and ease with blue tooth is very nice. This is why I decided, reluctantly to purchase it again (read on).
The bad is - I read this review below with one star rating and for me it was a "good to know". I found it interesting and I hoped that this was resolved nowadays (I got my first one in May/June 2023):
Sunday, May 1 2022 (about a year ago)
Castle Creations Mamba XLX 2 1/5 Sensored Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (1100Kv)
The esc exploded into a fireball when I Was getting ready to go on its second run. I turned it on and blipped the throttle to make sure it was working. It exploded a few seconds later. I heard about these issues in the past but thought they were resolved. I'm going to call and see if castle will warranty it but even if they do I do not feel comfortable using it<<<<< End Quote
The terrible is:
The above review pretty much sums up what happened to me as well. I had my Transmitter turned on - I connected my two 4S batteries to my Kraton 8S like I always do and turned on the ESC via switch. The moment I turned on the switch a fireball ensued coming out of my ESC. I immediately disconnected the batteries from the ESC but it already got fried along with the wires leading to my motor. I actually had the Kraton in my garage and while the ESC was still on fire and burning (already disconnected from the battery) I picked it up and ran it outside so my house WON"T BURN DOWN!
Yes, I did purchase the same combo now from amain but in the hope this was a one time thing. I am weary now about connecting power to this thing while its in the house while trying to tune it. I had a fire extinguisher ready but to luckily didn't have to use it - lung power was enough to do the trick....to have this happen to me as well as others before it kinda nuts and I guess I'm even more nuts buying it again. Will report in the future what happens with this new one.