The Castle Mamba X Waterproof 1/8 Brushless Combo is a pint size powerhouse. The Mamba X ESC has been combined with the ROAR APPROVED 1512 1.5Y 1800kv motor to give lighter 1/8th scale buggies, 4wd short course trucks and bashers under 9 pounds another option to overpower their rigs!
The Mamba X represents the latest and greatest in Castle Creations ESC technology, and it delivers amazing race capabilities for 1:8th scale eBuggy. After being extensively race-tested by Castle Creations' Lead Mechanical Engineer and Team Driver, Taylor James - the Mamba X has been approved for eBuggy racing with Castle's most popular 15 Series Motors.
The ROAR APPROVED 1512 1.5Y 1800kv motor is normally paired with the 1/8th scale Mamba Monster X ESC; but if you need to save some weight or can benefit from a smaller footprint, the Mamba X is more than capable of running this motor. This setup is recommended for 3s or 4s use in a vehicle weighing less than ~9lbs and geared for no more than ~45 MPH. If you have a heavier vehicle, looking for more speed or just want to beat the ever loving snot out of your vehicle, Castle recommends picking up the Mamba Monster X combo (CSE010-0145-05).
- Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range ((3-4S LiPo MAX w/1512-1800KV MOTOR)
- Sensored Motor Support (Castle X-Series Sensor Harness Included)
- 8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Rugged CNC Aluminum Case
- Castle Link Programming Support
- Integrated Capacitors
- Removable 30mm Cooling Fan
- Integrated 4mm Bullet Connectors
- 12 AWG Power Wires
- Waterproof Switch
- Audible Alerts
- 4-POLE 12-SLOT Rebuildable Design
- QUIETSENSE™ Technology
- ROAR Standard Sensor Port and Labeled Connections
- High-Performance 0.2 mm Steel Lamination Stacked Stator
- High-Strength Kevlar Wrap
- High-Strength, 180° C Grade, Neodymium Sintered Magnets
- Oversized, Low-Resistance, Gold-Plated Solder Tabs
- Oversized NMB Bearings
- M3 and M4 @ 25mm Mounting Hole
- 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- 210mm length Sensor Wire
- Optional cooling fan coming soon
- Silicone coated sensor board
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo
- MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) (Max 4s with included motor)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size: 2.14x1.39x1.18" (54.4x35.2x30.0mm)
- Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
- Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 4s (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg with 1512 - 1800kv motor.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Input Voltage Range: 3-4S LiPo
- Kv: 1800
- Max. RPM: 60,000
- Size: Length: 67.7mm
- Diameter: 40mm (41.4mm with fins)
- Weight (w/wires): 385g / 13.6oz
- Shaft Size: Length: 20mm
- Diameter: 5mm
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors, includes 210mm length sensor wire.
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:8 scale off-road and on-road vehicles as well as 1:10 scale 4WD SCT up to 9lbs. (ROAR 1/8 MOD APPROVED)
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: See application guidelines
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored only
Product Use Statements:
- *Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- High-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps is required. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs
This product was added to our catalog on September 8, 2017