This is a set of two AKA Racing City Block 1/8 Buggy Tires. These tires include AKA Red inserts. The CITYBLOCK was the first pin on block design tire and sparked a host of copies across the industry. This innovative approach to tread design launched a tire that is unmatched in its versatility. From loose dusty tracks to high bite hard packed tracks the CITYBLOCK will deliver consistent performance and has become the work horse of the AKA tire line. You can't go wrong with a set of these in your tire collection.
- Red Insert (Soft): The red insert is designed to soak up the big bumps with its fluted I.D. while still holding its shape in the turns to increase corner speed and consistency.
- Tread Performance: Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
This product is expected to arrive on Monday, August 3 2020
Hard to see but the bottom pattern is a full depth tread pattern of rectangles placed both long-wise and crosswise throughout, the top pattern is another full depth tread pattern of square pins mounted on the rectangles outer edges leaving a one square space in-between.
(The underlying rectangles are 3 squares long and one square wide with square pins mounted atop at each end).
These "purchased to be long-lasting-practice-tires" "also" consistently "provide my best lap times" due to their high-traction!
My track is dry-hard-clay with a lightly-dusted-surface; "Exactly where" I didn't expect high traction from these tires; also (as your logic-eyes are telling you) they do quite well in the loose-stuff too