XRAY XB8 2018 Spec 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit
This is the XRAY XB8 2018 Spec 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit. Based on the ultra-successful XB8 platform, XRAY proudly presents the 2018-spec XB8 which incorporates the latest improvements and refinements gathered by the team, race-proven in the highest competition races around the world.
XRAY has been a driving force in the 1/8 off-road car racing scene since the release of the first XB8. Continuous development and evolution of the XRAY product line has led to ever-increasing performance. The craftsmanship, durability, and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary. Be part of the family, live the heritage.
- Redesigned chassis with more space between front wheels and side guards, new positions for rear brace for improved chassis flex characteristics, and chamfered front edges for less dirt pick-up
- Redesigned chassis design is now fully compatible between XB8 & XB8E platforms
- Redesigned wing mount is 40% lighter with super-low CG. With considerably less weight behind the rear suspension this significantly improves handling characteristics. All-new construction allows more flex. Features new, optimized wing mounting positions
- Redesigned rear brace between wing mount and rear chassis brace prevents rear gearbox breakage during impacts, as well as moving the transfer of energy to a different part of the chassis
- Redesigned weight transfer from rear wing to the middle of the car reduces tension on the rear diff bulkhead
- Redesigned rear body holder
- Redesigned rear shock tower features two lines of shock absorber mounting positions and an updated design to allow fitment of the new wing mount and gearbox brace
- Harder rear lower arms for increased side stability and improved durability in hot conditions
- Redesigned stronger, reinforced steering ball joints for increased reliability
- Redesigned composite graphite shims between steering ball and nut ensures free operation of pivot balls even in extremely dusty conditions
- Redesigned improved diff O-rings for more precise differential sealing
- Softer shock membranes for improved shock performance in bumpy conditions
- Rear CVD drive shafts for increased rear traction
- 2.6mm rear sway bar for increased traction
- Redesigned stronger head screws for diff bulkheads for more reliability
- High-speed body for improved handling on high-speed tracks and improved rotation in tight corners
Chassis length: 399.5mm
Approximate running weight: 3205g
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tools for Assembly
NOTE: Completed vehicle shown for illustrative purposes only and is not included.
This product was added to our catalog on January 10, 2018.