Traxxas Slash VXL Pro Brushless 1/10 RTR Short Course Truck w/TQi, TSM & iD Battery
This is the Traxxas Slash VXL Pro 1/10 Ready to Run Short Course Truck, with an included TQi radio system, TSM stability system and Traxxas iD connector equipped battery.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) allows you to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into the Slash VXL by making it much easier to control on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full-throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain your line, and then allowing you to hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep you arrow straight until you come to a complete stop. TSM acts as your on-board co-pilot in the vehicle that “feels” what the vehicle is doing and makes corrections for vehicle movements that you cannot even detect, well before the vehicle gets out of control.
Traxxas TSM gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting your throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas link app. The result is that you are driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun with that fully connected feeling at the controls that you expect. In fact, you may not even realize how much TSM is helping you until you turn it off and test your driving skills without it!
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
Slash VXL is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. The Traxxas TQi arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible
The TQi's most important new feature may already be in your pocket. The TQi can be equipped with an Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511, sold separately) that turns your Android, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 4-amp peak detecting charger is included with he Slash VXL. The charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for charging in the field. The brilliant LED provides charging status while the battery charges. The peak-detecting charger is optimized for charging Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery packs. Just plug the included Power Cell battery in for a perfect charge, run after run.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD
Slash VXL includes a genuine iD-equipped Power Cell NiMH battery to make sure you experience all the performance that’s been engineered into your Traxxas model. Accessory Traxxas iD chargers (sold separately) auto-detect Traxxas iD Power Cell batteries and automatically set and optimize charge settings for unmatched charging safety and simplicity. Power Cell packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas’ high-output, gold plated, patented, High-Current Connectors. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the Traxxas Power Cell package. For even greater speed and runtime, a full line of optional Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH and LiPo batteries are available. Power Cell batteries are Traxxas certified to maximize the performance and speed engineered into every Traxxas vehicle.
Proven, Class-Leading, Velineon Brushless Power
Slash VXL's Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power system takes the guesswork out of enjoying the benefits of world-class brushless power. Pour in the voltage and out comes the speed in tidal waves of force harnessed by precision throttle control. The Velineon 3s Brushless Power System features system components that work together as an optimized package, from the patented Traxxas High-Current connector to the custom-wound motor. It's engineered together from the start to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run-time along with precision throttle response and refined control. It's brushless performance the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and it works, no special knowledge or programming skills required.
Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
The Velineon VXL-3s speed control is loaded with high-grade technology to precisely deliver maximum power to the motor. It's engineered for today's battery technology and beyond. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
Extreme performance is standard equipment with the sensorless Velineon motor. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor deliver power and long life with near zero maintenance. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, you always get the same blistering acceleration and ballistic top speed run after run.
NOTE: The vehicle shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The Traxxas Slash model TRA58076-3 is available in four different Officially-Licensed Race Replica body styles: Traxxas "Red" Race Edition, Traxxas "Blue" Race Edition, Boss Snowplow Chad Hord Edition (Red), Speed Energy Robby Gordon Edition (Orange). If you would like a specific color, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
- Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)
- Traxxas 4-amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery with iDTM
- ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body are available in four officially licensed (paint and graphics) race replica versions: Traxxas® Red Replica, Traxxas® Blue Replica, Robby Gordon Speed Energy Edition, and Chad Hord Boss Snowplow Edition
- Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
- The Slash VXL reaches speeds in excess of 40+mph using the included optional pinion gear*
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Traxxas iD-Equipped High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module (TRA6511) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (TRA6518) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Race in dirt, mud, water, and snow thanks to Traxxas’ innovative waterproof electronics
- Digital high-torque waterproof steering servo
- 125 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second speed
- O-ring sealed watertight receiver box
- Speed control, receiver, and steering servo are securely fastened to chassis
- Long-wheelbase fiber-composite chassis
- 13.2 inch wheelbase
- Easy access battery compartment
- Adjustable battery hold down accepts 6- and 7-cell flat packs and 7-cell hump packs
- Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
- Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
- Body mounts incorporate reinforced washers for additional body support
- Efficient Magnum 272™ metal-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential with a steel ring gear
- Heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Heavy-duty 4mm steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability
- Precision hex hardware throughout
- Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- Progressive rate white powder coated shock springs feature a race-tuned responsive spring rate
- Dual-bellcrank steering with integrated servo saver
- Heavy-duty telescoping universal-joint driveshafts, built for brushless power
- New brushless-specific suspension sttings for enhanced high-speed handling and stability
- ProGraphix® painted race replica bodies
- Slash VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Length: 22.36 inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 inches (296mm)
Weight: 90.37oz (2.562kg)
Height (overall): 8.425 inches (214mm)
Wheelbase: 13.2 inches (335mm)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Top Speed: 35+mph stock / 60+mph With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery (items sold separately)
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions: 165x49.5x23mm - 25mm (Battery expansion kit available - TRA5827X)
- Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race® Slash VXL Pro with Traxxas Stability Management
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Velineon® Brushless Power System
- NiMH iD Power Cell 7-Cell Flat, Sub-C, 3000mAh Battery (TRA2923X)
- 4-amp DC Peak Detecting fast charger
- Race Replica painted body
Needed to Complete:
- 4 "AA" (transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on July 16, 2015.