Traxxas Nitro Rustler 1/10 RTR Stadium Truck w/TQi 2.4GHz, TSM, EZ Start, Battery & DC Charger
This is the Traxxas Nitro Rustler 1/10 Scale RTR Stadium Truck, with an included TQi 2.4GHz Radio System, TSM Stability System, TRX 2.5 Racing Engine and 2 AMP Peak Detecting DC Charger.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
The Nitro Rustler is the first name in high performance 2WD nitro stadium trucks. Powered by the proven performance of the TRX 2.5 Racing Engine, Nitro Rustler totally out-muscles the competition with top speeds beyond 50 mph! The TRX 2.5 also pumps out the torque for brutal, wheel-standing launches and absolutely ruthless acceleration. The body design cheats the wind with its smooth curves and low-slung stance, while the outrageous graphics dominate with style. The separate wing securely bolts to the body with precise aluminum hex hardware. Chrome 2.8 Twin Spoke rims are wrapped with pre-glued Alias step-pin tires in the rear and Alias ribbed tires up front. The high-tech rubber compound ensures great grip on a variety of surfaces. Grey-molded composite parts are thoughtfully integrated to enhance the look of the chassis. Fast, light, and loaded with power, Nitro Rustler's power-sliding, dirt roosting attitude will have you reaching for the throttle again and again.
NOTE: The vehicle shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The Traxxas Nitro Rustler model TRA44096-3 is available in four different colors; red/black, red/gray, blue/gray, blue/black. If you would like a specific paint color, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
- TRX 2.5 Racing Engine: "The TRX 2.5 blows away every other small block engine we've ever tested!" – RC Nitro Magazine. Plus Readers' Choice award for Best Nitro Engine. – RC Car Action Magazine. The TRX 2.5 Racing Engine is nothing short of amazing. It comes loaded with all the hottest performance goodies. The two-needle composite slide carburetor, trick porting, and free-flowing rear exhaust deliver unmatched, class-leading horsepower that rips huge wheelies and pushes the Nitro Rustler past 50mph! Plus only the TRX 2.5 has the push-button starting convenience of the EZ-Start Electric Starting System.
- Precision 2.4GHz Control: With the TQi 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQi’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the Nitro Rustler’s controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system. Additionally the TQi is Traxxas Link Ready. Simply by purchasing the wireless module separately (TRA6511) and downloading the Traxxas Link App to your smartphone, you can connect wirelessly and program on the fly.
- TSM (Traxxas Stability Management): With TSM, racing at high speeds has never been so easy! TSM is a stability management system which incorporates a small electronic gyro in the vehicle which helps prevent fishtailing, and spinouts on low traction surfaces, even when punched at full throttle. Additionally, under racing conditions TSM will improve cornering characteristics, and increase control without the worry of spinning out into any obstacles that may be in your way. You can fine tune the affect of the TSM assistance from your TQi radio from 0% (disabled) to 100% (always active).
- High-Volume Air Intake System: The TRX 2.5 Racing Engine uses a high-volume air intake system with a two-stage air filter. The filter housing and neck are designed to mate seamlessly with the carburetor to eliminate turbulence in the air-flow going into the engine.
- Tuned Exhaust System: Nitro Rustler's tuned exhaust system increases the engine's power output for maximum torque and incredible top speed. It also promotes cooler running and better fuel efficiency.
- EZ-Start Electric Starting System: There's no penalty to pay for having more power either. The TRX 2.5 Racing Engine is equipped with EZ-Start push-button electric starting and simple, reliable tuning from the two-needle composite slide carburetor. Plus it's backed by the support and reliability you expect from Traxxas including the Exclusive Traxxas Power Up Plan.
- Fiber-Composite / 6061-T6 Aluminum Chassis: An upper, fiber-composite chassis deck stabilizes the fuel tank and ties in to the 6061-T6 lower aluminum chassis. The dual-plane design increases chassis rigidity allowing the suspension to effectively soak up the bumps. The blue-anodized aluminum chassis acts like a heat sink to draw additional heat away from the engine, plus it features countersunk screw holes to prevent speed-robbing drag.
- Alias 2.8" Pre-Glued Tires with Foam Inserts: The Nitro Rustler comes with the impressive 2.8" Twin-Spoke mirror-chrome wheels. Alias rear tires with a Step-Pin design, and wrapper with Alias ribbed tires up front. The Twin-Spoke wheels feature a lightweight horizontal bead that holds the tire to the rim even under extreme rpm. Performance-designed foam inserts are standard and all tires come pre-glued from the factory to get you rolling right out of the box.
- ProGraphix Paint Scheme Body: The Nitro Rustler's fully trimmed and painted ProGraphix body is available in two variations of red/black, red/gray, blue/gray, blue/black. Decals are also applied to save you time and get you driving just minutes out of the box. Traxxas' ProGraphix bodies are the hottest looking bodies around.
- Powder Coated White Springs: Updated white springs feature long-lasting white powder coated finish.
- Bellcrank Steering: High-performance bellcrank steering system minimizes bump steer to increase cornering stability.
- Tuned Pipe: Call it a factory 'works' pipe. The pipe length and shape are dyno-tuned for the TRX 2.5 to bring out the most power over the broadest RPM range. All that means is you can nail the throttle hard at any speed and get some serious 4-wheel roost.
- Adjustable Slipper Clutch: The slipper clutch on the Nitro Rustler is fully adjustable to control the power output to the rear wheels for increased traction control on a wide variety of surfaces. It also protects the transmission during high-impact jump landings.
- High-Torque Steering Servo: A high-speed stadium truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. An included Traxxas high-torque steering servo comes standard for enhanced steering authority and reliability.
- Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks: Nitro Rustler's advanced oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize X-ring technology for a perfect seal and super-smooth performance. They are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons. Features include pressure bladders for air/oil separation and spring clips to precisely change the ride height and spring pre-load. They can be renewed in minutes with our inexpensive shock rebuild kits.
- Magnum 281 Transmission: The Nitro Magnum 281 single speed transmission is built Nitro Tough with 32 pitch gears, metal top gear, and smooth-running, long-lasting precision ball bearings. This proven, track-tested, three-gear design is built for performance driving applications.
- Planetary Gear Differential: The Traxxas planetary gear differential uses hardened steel internal gears for maximum strength during rigorous off-road racing. This type of differential requires virtually no maintenance and its efficient design puts maximum tire-shredding power to the wheels.
- Fiber Composite Arms: Durable fiber composite arms are extra tough to take the off-road pounding we know you'll put Nitro Rustler through. Captured rod ends on the metal turnbuckles provide unmatched durability and they simply won't pop off.
- Telescoping U-Joint Driveshafts: Slider driveshafts are extremely durable, and they allow greater articulation for increased suspension travel.
- TRX 2.5 Racing Engine
- Low-profile body, ProGraphix paint scheme
- Alias tires pre-glued on Twin-Spoke wheels
- Powder coated white springs with gray shock bodies
- Bolt-on rear wing with aluminum hardware
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- EZ-Start electric starting system
- Tuned pipe exhaust system
- TQi 2.4GHz radio system
- TSM Technology
- Double deck 6061-T6 aluminum and composite chassis
- Magnum 281 transmission with ball bearings
- Adjustable, easy-to-change gear ratios
- X-Tra long, fiber-composite, suspension arms
- Planetary differential with steel gears
- Powerful disc brake
- Telescoping, U-joint driveshafts
- High-volume, oil-filled Ultra Shocks
Length: 17.25" (438mm)
Front Track: 12.5" (318mm)
Rear Track: 12.375" (314mm)
Weight (no fuel): 73oz (2kg)
Height (overall): 6" (152mm)
Wheelbase: 11.312" (287mm)
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.81
Differential Type: Planetary Gear
Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
Radio System: Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz (2-Channel), w/TSM Technology
Engine (fuel-powered): TRX 2.5 Racing Engine w/ EZ-Start
Brake Type: Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 75cc
Top Speed: 50+mph
- Nitro Ruster RTR Vehicle
- 2.4GHz TQi Radio System w/TSM Technology
- TRX 2.5 Racing Engine
- EZ-Start Starting System
- EZ-Start Battery Pack
- 2 AMP Peak Detecting DC Charger
- Extra Glow Plug
- Fuel Dispensing Bottle
- Foam Air Filter Oil
Needed to Complete:
- (4) AA Batteries for Transmitter
- (4) AA Batteries for Receiver OR Traxxas Rechargeable Receiver Battery
- Nitro Fuel
This product was added to our catalog on February 19, 2016.