Traxxas LaTrax SST 1/18 4WD RTR Short Course Truck (Sheldon Creed) w/2.4GHz Radio, Battery & DC Charger
This is the Sheldon Creed themed Traxxas LaTrax SST 1/18 4WD Ready to Run Short Course Truck. The LaTrax SST™ takes the fun of off-road Stadium Super Truck racing and packs it into a convenient, take-anywhere, 1/18 scale size. Equipped with a powerful motor, independent suspension, and 4-wheel drive, the SST is Ready-To-Race® right out of the box. A waterproof power system opens the door for all-weather driving excitement year round. Oil-filled shocks soak up the bumps and jumps, and provide smooth suspension movement over any terrain. Ball bearings combined with an efficient drivetrain and power system translate to smooth running and longer runtimes, while providing aggressive acceleration and exciting speed.
CHARGER NOTE: The included charger requires a cigarette lighter socket found in full size vehicles to charge. If this is not your preference, Traxxas offers an adapter allowing you to charge from a standard home AC electrical socket (TRA2976).
Like its full-size counterpart, SST is built to be fast and nimble while being extremely durable and able to withstand the rigors of all-terrain racing action. The all-weather electronics defeat the elements—driving through mud, snow, and water. The 2.4GHz radio system provides dependable, long-range control. SST is perfect for any age driver or skill level and comes fully assembled, painted, and Ready-To-Race with the included 6-cell 7.2V NiMH battery pack and 2amp DC charger. Everything you need is included in the package. The LaTrax SST is Powered By Traxxas, protected by world-class Traxxas support, 100% parts availability, and the LaTrax Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
- LaTrax 2-amp DC Peak Detecting: SST includes a 2amp peak detecting charger for quick, convenient, hassle-free charging. The charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for charging on-the-go. The brilliant LED provides charging status while the battery charges. The peak-detecting charger is optimized for charging Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery packs. Just plug in the included high-capacity Power Cell battery (6-cell, 7.2-volt NiMH) for a perfect charge, run after run. Everything you need to power-up is in the box…even 4 AA alkaline batteries!
- 4-Wheel Drive Off-Terrain Versatility: SST stays true to the full-size race trucks that it's named after, with 4-wheel drive off-road performance that takes you places you might not expect and all-terrain versatility that takes the fun anywhere. The simple and efficient shaft drive sends power to all four tires and provides aggressive traction. True 4-wheel independent suspension keeps the tires planted over all different types of terrain, from smooth sidewalks to dirt lots. SST fits easily in a backpack and can be taken virtually anywhere. No matter where you go, SST is ready for the next racing adventure.
- Waterproof, All-Weather Electronics for Total Driving Freedom: Waterproof, all-weather electronics means your fun doesn't stop just because of a little water. The waterproof servo and patent-pending weather-sealed receiver box let you keep going, even in wet conditions that send other trucks back to the workbench. Drive the SST where you want, when you want—the only limit is your imagination.
- 100% Fully Assembled and Ready-To-Race™: The 1/18 LaTrax SST is fully assembled with a 2.4GHz radio system, painted and decaled body, and easy instructions. A LaTrax 7.2V rechargeable NiMH battery pack, 2amp DC charger, and 4 Traxxas Power Cell AA alkaline batteries are also included. Everything you need for fun is in the box.
Length: 12.16" (309mm)
Front Track: 6.73" (171mm)
Rear Track: 6.73" (171mm)
Weight (with battery): 26.06oz (739g)
Weight (without battery): 20.16oz (572g)
Height (overall): 4.61" (117mm)
Wheelbase: 6.44" (163.5mm)
Wheel Diameter: 1.38" (35mm) (Outer) / 1.85" (47mm) (Inner)
Shock Length (front/rear): 2.36" (60mm)
Ground Clearance: 0.59" (15mm)
Front/Rear Tires: Slash
Front/Rear Wheels: 5-Spoke
Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Forward/Reverse ESC
Motor (electric): 370 Brushed
Transmission: 10T Pinion / 60T Spur
Gear Ratio (internal): 2.5:1
Overall Drive Ratio: 15:1 (Stock, Out-of-box)
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel (Ring and Pinion)
Gear Pitch: 0.5 Mod.
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: 2.4GHz Radio
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions: 102mm x 35mm x 18mm
- 1/18 LaTrax SST Ready-To-Race®
- 2.4GHz radio system
- 370 motor
- Waterproof, all-weather electronics
- 6-cell 7.2V NiMH battery
- 4 "AA" batteries (Transmitter)
- 2amp DC charger
- Painted body
Needed to Complete:
This product was added to our catalog on October 7, 2016.
About 10 of us have them and we just get together and run the ever living crap out of them....total cost in broken bits...40 bucks...tops, and this was only because they had decide to try to jump them to see if they could hit the roof, or wall ride, or some other craziness (booze may have been involved, I wasn't there that night).
At home I race around the living room with my Son, 3, and he loves it, Daddy on throttle, him steering.
We all race regularly, but I can say 100% that this cheap RC is way more entertaining. Buy 1, get your friends together, find a garage to setup in, fun will ensue.)