1/10 Scale 4-Tec 2.0 AWD Chassis - Brushed!
Choose your own body, battery, and charger (sold separately) to create your custom ride!
The 4-Tec 2.0 AWD chassis provides the ultimate on-road driving experience. The high-tech chassis keeps weight positioned as low as possible for a crisp, responsive feel. The modular interlocking design allows easy maintenance while providing unprecedented rigidity and tight tolerances. A smooth undertray reduces drag and prevents snags on expansion joints while the finely tuned suspension keeps the wheels glued to the pavement for maximum on-road performance. The waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control channels power to the Titan® 12-turn motor for four wheel tire-spinning acceleration and blistering 30+mph* top speed. This is one chassis that begs to be driven hard!
Some vehicles claim to be "brushless compatible," but neglect to mention the long list of parts required to handle the extra power. At Traxxas, we build our vehicles tough enough to be brushless ready out of the box. The 4-Tec 2.0 chassis allows the massive VXL-3s power system to drop right in with minimal modifications. Overkill? Perhaps, but we can't resist going 70+mph. We don't think you'll resist either, so the drivetrain is built to handle the horsepower and speed.
- Adjustable chassis accepts standard 200mm bodies
- Full-time 4WD
- TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Waterproof electronics for all-weather, all-season R/C excitement
- Titan® 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Powerful XL-5 waterproof electronic speed control
- Built brushless ready for easy upgrade to Velineon® power
- Low-CG fiber-composite monocoque chassis with high approach angle front bumper
- Race-proven sealed differentials
Length: 14.94 Inches (379mm)
Front Track: 7.7 Inches (196mm)
Rear Track: 7.9 Inches (200mm)
Center Ground Clearance: 0.3 Inches (9mm)
Weight: 2.81lbs (1.28kg)
Height (overall): 2.43 Inches (62mm)
Wheelbase: 10.1 Inches (256mm)
Shock Length: Short (front and rear)
Tire Diameter: 2.6 Inches (66mm)
Tire Width (front): 1.0 Inches (26mm)
Tire Width (rear): 1.2 Inches (30mm)
Wheel Diameter: 2.1 Inches (53mm)
Speed Control Type: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-Turn)
Overall Drive Ratio: 9.49
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 48
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
Drive System: Shaft-Driven, Direct Drive 4WD
Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz Radio with #6519 3-Channel Micro Receiver
Skill Level: 1
Top Speed: 30+mph*
Battery Tray: 158mm long / 46mm wide / 23 or 26mm high
Required Items (Sold Separately): 4 "AA" Batteries (for transmitter), Charger, 6 or 7-Cell NiMH or 2-cell LiPo Battery
*With optional gearing and 2S LiPo battery (items sold separately)
Needed To Complete:
- 200mm Touring Car Body
- 6 or 7-cell NiMH Battery Pack, or 2S LiPo Battery Pack w/Traxxas Connector
- Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) "AA" Batteries (For transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on August 1, 2017
- Great Price
- No Body (allows most 190mm and 200mm touring and drift car bodies)
- Nice and simple chassis design (only requires a few screws to take the car apart into three pieces)
- Smooth chassis (better airflow, doesn't snag on uneven surfaces, and allows the bottom of the chassis to slide right over)
- Shaft Driven (strong, nice for bashing)
- Cool, scale replica touring wheels
- Great aftermarket support (can get tons of great upgrade parts: Eg. from Yeah Racing, Integy...)
- Amazing Customer Service
- Driftable (well-balanced chassis and weight evenly spread out makes it very easy to control around corners) (most cheap drift wheels fit)
- Low rear body post for some bodies
- Rear wheels stick out a bit
- Sometimes problematic electronics (but no need to worry, Traxxas Customer Service is very friendly and almost always replaces problematic parts)
Overall, please get this car if you are thinking about it. I would recommend this to everyone (even beginners, the car isn't complicated), and if you have only driven off-road trucks, I suggest you try it out because I never realized how fun it is until I got one (had a Traxxas Slash 2wd, 2 TRX4s, and a UDR before). Try it out if you haven't already (or try any in the line of 4 Tec 2.0s)!
I have converted this into an fwd (yes, I am aware that I have an fwd rear-engine layout) by just taking off the two rear driveshafts (to match the body, Hondas are all fwd). So far the only issue that I have with it being an fwd is the tires. They feel like grippy drift tires after some good use, so definitely get a different set of tires for it if you can. I think that having stickier tires will help tons with the understeer. I still think that this is an amazing car, but I would prefer it if it came with better tires or no tires at all and reducing the price.
Super easy to mod for power right away. The diffs are super strong and that goes for the same for the entire car.
You can mod the stock shaft for mod1 gears and I've gotten 100mph with some cheap electronics and 1/1 gearing.
Things you might want to get would be CV axles for the front which amain does carry at this time.
Id get the brushed roller and put in your electronics.
People add the braces but I don't think it's needed. The car has a ton of potential out of the box and need the least mods of any RC car I have owned. You can check out my builds @phil_atc_rc on IG to see some mods and things I've done.
Ive been beating on this car for months and I love it. The only other car Id suggest is the Kyosho Fazer which I have multiples of as well. Those cars beat the 4tec in the body category for what you out of the box, But will need a driveshaft mod to handle more power.
Thanks Amain Your guys rule!
i don't care who manufactures what, if it intrests me i'm remodeling it or using whom ever's nifty hop ups. alot of GPM parts are going on here and they have stepped up their product quite substantially since years past, RC has come a long way in awsome manufacturing products, and Traxxas is one of them. what's grand about kits like this one is that, and i believe you could actually throw this RC car across the street and not be able to break anything(maybe).
i dig different, i dig this, and can't wait to put a Mamba X in this ride.
4-Tec 4 me.