Well its June 1st and the car now has 60 sessions (equal to 10 days worth of racing).
Enough to gauge the maintenance aspect and driveability properly.
- I only broke 3 parts. The shock standoff (front) and the left c-hub/spindle bottom cap sized screw. In both cases it looked like the metal gave out before the plastic did. Almost like a stress fracture. Interesting... lastly shock shafts but that was due to a marshalling incident.
- Parts are NOT AE or Mugen cheap. They're on price point with Kyosho or Xray.
- In seems like the majority of my tuning was all done towards the rear of the car. (This has been my experience with literally every Tekno RC product I've owned).
- The lighter weight of this Buggy made sure if I ever collided with lapped traffic or just goofing around with a friend, I always lost. Like literally everytime.
- The Manual doesn't suck... it actually has some really neat tuning tips in the back that I used several times over the course of my 2 month ownership.
- The lighter weight made it an efficient buggy, I'm able to zip in and out of traffic and on straights visibly faster than other traditional 3600g buggies.
- While parts aren't cheap, they're also more durable than the vast majority of buggies. Which means I'm not buying arms or shock shafts. Outside of the stress prone metals usee throughout the buggy I'd say the durability of this buggy is on par with Xray/Kyosho and probably a notch above TLR/Serpent. The AE/Mugen/SWorkz are a solid notches below this buggy.
- Driving Wise, its similar to an HB E819 (stock to stock) in initial turn in, off power and holding a sweeping line. However the on power is where it lacks the HB's consistency and feels more like an EB48.4.
- Luckily its like a Serpent or TLR in that its super responsive to tuning changes. A lot of pivot ball cars I'll make a change and drive for a few minutes and come back and be confused if the change did anything. Not this one - this one is very responsive to feedback and change. Huge PRO in my books.
- Maintenance wise, while its NOT as easy or convenient to pop a few screws and you can literally wash the whole chassis (like the EB48.4), its still better and easier to maintain than the majroity of cars. Wiring stays neatly tucked with well thought out channels and plenty of space for compressed air to pass thru around electronics. Something the HB E819 and Serpent SRX8E can learn from.
- In person support wise for my average pace, I didn't have any support from any local fast or team guys outside of 1 weekend. However online support I was covered. Within hours I had an answer for all my questions thru Team Driver Tyler Hooks and Jared Wiggins.
Overall I'd highly recommend this buggy!
I was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the components, The instructions were right on Q . I really enjoyed building this model. Even a first time builder would be able to complete it with a little assistance on soldering the Esc and motor, other then that I love it and can't wait to take it out to a track and further tune it in .I've been building models since 1983 so I've seen Huge improvements in technology and quality over the years and this kit is very high on the list. I'm very glad I purchased this kit and would highly recomend it to anyone thinking of getting a 1/8 scale 4wd buggy.
Hope this review helps anyone that's considering TEKNO EB48 2.0 RANDALL Q CANNON
Best Rc kit in 2020 hands down, this thing is the upgrade of upgrades, no other buggy can compete friendly or not. Tekno Rc is the greatest. I can only hope for a ET48 2.0 ????
Thank you @ always Tekno Rc.
maybe just me? I bought this kit through my LHS and build was going great until i got to the caster block and spindles on front end. the left side went together perfect, however, the right side after had about a 1/16 of play between the 2. I ended up stripping the plastic on caster block trying to snug it up as the manual calls for like the left side did. I ended up losing the bearing and the shoulder screw in my first race with it. Not sure how to feel about this. ordered new replacement parts and will see what happens.
Went from a eb48.4 to this and its a great update to the eb platform. Build went great like every tekno kit I have. True Tekno quality
TEKNO EB48 2.0 FTW. (Updates)
Kit Smooth as Silk.
Manual 9/10 (Read ahead on Shock build)
Quick shipping as usual. The build was fun but sill waiting for a few extras to burn some rubber. Thanks Amain ?
Great kit, easy assembly
Really great purchase for any circumstances racing or bashing. Products like this keeps the hobbie alive.
I have been racing R/C for 30 years and have to say this is one amazing buggy. Superbly smooth everything! Excellent instructions, plenty of shock and diff oils included. Fit and finish is perfect and precise. This buggy makes you feel like you are cheating because it performs so well. Schumacher silver tires are the best for loose soil tracks and they absolutely hook up! I would 100% recommend this buggy for durability, performance, and quality. Nothing better in my opinion. Plenty of room for electronics too. Good job Tekno!
We’re not here to take part we’re here to take over!!!#teknotakeover
Great kit. Easy build. Tekno is building awesome kits. Raced a few times now and I’m new to 8th scale but I feel like I’m learning every time out.
Great buggy!! Having purchased the EB48.4, ET48.3 and SCT410.3 from AMain in September of 2019 and being blown away by the durability, performance, quality etc of all 3 of those kits I was sold on Tekno. As soon as the EB410.2 and ET410.2 came out I grabbed each of them as well, so the EB48 2.0 was obviously the next Tekno added to the collection. I was glad that they widened the chassis just enough so there is a bit more room and I really like the included alumimum caster blocks up front. The battery tray/strap is easier and better also. This version uses the same size shocks front and rear so you need to pay more attention when builsong and servicing them as to not get them mixed up with the different oils. ESC space is still tight but I only run Tekin setups which seems to be what Tekno designed the cars around so they fit 100% perfect. As far as "issues" with the new 2.0, the only thing Ive seen happen but hasnt on mine yet is on the front end there are small plastic rings on the front of the front gearbox that the sway bar mounts with and they can get damaged in a crash fairly easily it seems, requiring a new front gearbox to fix the problem. The only other thing I would like to see would be the option to replace the plastic portion of the center diff holder with an aluminum part like the previous versions had. As far as difference in performance from the 48.4, I just find that the 2.0 is easier to drive fast on track. Its not as twitchy and holds its line better through rough areas. Now I just cant wait to pick up the new ET48 2.0...
Amazing car! SUPER impressed with it. Very easy to drive and bullet proof at the same time. Tekno really nailed this one!!!
Great kit. Very easy and fun to build. I love this tekno EB48 2.0. I can’t wait to get it track ready. Highly recommended.
Awesome kit. Very well designed. Instructions are clear and easy to follow. Drives great on the racetrack. Feels more responsive than my RC8B3.1e.
This kit was awesome to build. Everything went together perfectly and feels top notch. I can't say how it performs on the track just yet but I can say I can't wait to get there this friday to find out ??
This is such a nice buggy like all my Tekno quality is impressive manual is really easy to follow , Tekno are the best cars I ever own
This kit is very well packed and comes in a nice box. The over all experience I have had with this kit was awesome I loved building this car and it gave me more knowledge and understanding about how rc cars work and how to fill the fluids and rebuild differentials and shocks I mean everything had tonbe but together and I loved very minute of it. This kit took me about 10 hours total to build only to make it a roller I am waiting on my motor and esc and servo but the tires are on point and look good
Yes but this kit worth the time and money spent and it’s also a great learning experience
Great kit!!! Very easy to follow instructions. Instructions are colored with red highlight on important notes. Everything fit and went together as it was supposed to. Would totally buy another Tekno.
Ever since I found amain on YouTube you guys are now my go to source fo all of my RC needs!!! Whether it be for racing, for one of my bashers or my TRX4 y’all have everything I need!!!