Well its June 1st and the car now has 60 sessions (equal to 10 days worth of racing).
Enough to gauge the maintenance aspect and driveability properly.
- I only broke 3 parts. The shock standoff (front) and the left c-hub/spindle bottom cap sized screw. In both cases it looked like the metal gave out before the plastic did. Almost like a stress fracture. Interesting... lastly shock shafts but that was due to a marshalling incident.
- Parts are NOT AE or Mugen cheap. They're on price point with Kyosho or Xray.
- In seems like the majority of my tuning was all done towards the rear of the car. (This has been my experience with literally every Tekno RC product I've owned).
- The lighter weight of this Buggy made sure if I ever collided with lapped traffic or just goofing around with a friend, I always lost. Like literally everytime.
- The Manual doesn't suck... it actually has some really neat tuning tips in the back that I used several times over the course of my 2 month ownership.
- The lighter weight made it an efficient buggy, I'm able to zip in and out of traffic and on straights visibly faster than other traditional 3600g buggies.
- While parts aren't cheap, they're also more durable than the vast majority of buggies. Which means I'm not buying arms or shock shafts. Outside of the stress prone metals usee throughout the buggy I'd say the durability of this buggy is on par with Xray/Kyosho and probably a notch above TLR/Serpent. The AE/Mugen/SWorkz are a solid notches below this buggy.
- Driving Wise, its similar to an HB E819 (stock to stock) in initial turn in, off power and holding a sweeping line. However the on power is where it lacks the HB's consistency and feels more like an EB48.4.
- Luckily its like a Serpent or TLR in that its super responsive to tuning changes. A lot of pivot ball cars I'll make a change and drive for a few minutes and come back and be confused if the change did anything. Not this one - this one is very responsive to feedback and change. Huge PRO in my books.
- Maintenance wise, while its NOT as easy or convenient to pop a few screws and you can literally wash the whole chassis (like the EB48.4), its still better and easier to maintain than the majroity of cars. Wiring stays neatly tucked with well thought out channels and plenty of space for compressed air to pass thru around electronics. Something the HB E819 and Serpent SRX8E can learn from.
- In person support wise for my average pace, I didn't have any support from any local fast or team guys outside of 1 weekend. However online support I was covered. Within hours I had an answer for all my questions thru Team Driver Tyler Hooks and Jared Wiggins.
Overall I'd highly recommend this buggy!
I was very impressed with the quality of this kit and the components, The instructions were right on Q . I really enjoyed building this model. Even a first time builder would be able to complete it with a little assistance on soldering the Esc and motor, other then that I love it and can't wait to take it out to a track and further tune it in .I've been building models since 1983 so I've seen Huge improvements in technology and quality over the years and this kit is very high on the list. I'm very glad I purchased this kit and would highly recomend it to anyone thinking of getting a 1/8 scale 4wd buggy.
Hope this review helps anyone that's considering TEKNO EB48 2.0 RANDALL Q CANNON
Best Rc kit in 2020 hands down, this thing is the upgrade of upgrades, no other buggy can compete friendly or not. Tekno Rc is the greatest. I can only hope for a ET48 2.0 ????
Thank you @ always Tekno Rc.
Went from a eb48.4 to this and its a great update to the eb platform. Build went great like every tekno kit I have. True Tekno quality
Awesome kit. Very well designed. Instructions are clear and easy to follow. Drives great on the racetrack. Feels more responsive than my RC8B3.1e.
This kit was awesome to build. Everything went together perfectly and feels top notch. I can't say how it performs on the track just yet but I can say I can't wait to get there this friday to find out ??
This is such a nice buggy like all my Tekno quality is impressive manual is really easy to follow , Tekno are the best cars I ever own
maybe just me? I bought this kit through my LHS and build was going great until i got to the caster block and spindles on front end. the left side went together perfect, however, the right side after had about a 1/16 of play between the 2. I ended up stripping the plastic on caster block trying to snug it up as the manual calls for like the left side did. I ended up losing the bearing and the shoulder screw in my first race with it. Not sure how to feel about this. ordered new replacement parts and will see what happens.
This kit is very well packed and comes in a nice box. The over all experience I have had with this kit was awesome I loved building this car and it gave me more knowledge and understanding about how rc cars work and how to fill the fluids and rebuild differentials and shocks I mean everything had tonbe but together and I loved very minute of it. This kit took me about 10 hours total to build only to make it a roller I am waiting on my motor and esc and servo but the tires are on point and look good
Yes but this kit worth the time and money spent and it’s also a great learning experience
Great kit!!! Very easy to follow instructions. Instructions are colored with red highlight on important notes. Everything fit and went together as it was supposed to. Would totally buy another Tekno.
Ever since I found amain on YouTube you guys are now my go to source fo all of my RC needs!!! Whether it be for racing, for one of my bashers or my TRX4 y’all have everything I need!!!
Quick shipping as usual. The build was fun but sill waiting for a few extras to burn some rubber. Thanks Amain ?
The car Tekno EB48 2.0 1: 8 is awesome,
A very good buy, I would recommend it to everyone.
Negative: If the O-ring for the damper, it is difficult to pull it up.
Awesome buggy. Only took about 6 hours to build. I will be taking it to the track this weekend
What can I say about this car it’s awesome the fit and finish is amazing the build manual is spot on and the tekno bulletproof brand is spot on
I have the eb48,4 love the car but this is the next level of awesomeness it’s very easy to drive the extra width helped it feel very stable at speed but seem to just turn in better at high speed it also carries the speed better threw the corner if you want to bring your 1/8 buggy skills to the next level buy one and find out why everyone else has is all I can say....
Easy to put together. Love the buggy. Missed a few parts but Amain was fast to send those parts. Best customer service around. Thanks
I really like the TEKNO EB48 2.0
It drives real nice corners real smooth