Tekin's RX8 GEN3 brings bigger power handling capabilities and increased reliability to 1/8 Scale Racing. The RX8 platform has proven itself to handle the rigors of racing, while providing professional features including a programmable High Voltage BEC, Data Logging Capabilities, Timing Profiles, Voltage Cutoffs for LiPos, HotWire 3.0 Bluetooth Connectivity and more. Utilizing Tekin's D2 Dual Drive Mode Technology, the RX8 runs both Sensored and Sensorless motor drives seamlessly, giving you the best of both worlds. The small footprint makes install on any chassis easy with the option of mounting with included hardware for extra security. Combo the RX8 GEN3 with a Tekin T8 Brushless Motor for 1/8 Scale Buggies and Truggies or a Pro4HD for 4WD Short Course domination!
- Updated HD Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Soldering
- Updated Adjustable Torque Control
- Updated Adjustable Throttle and Brake Frequencies
- Updated HD High Voltage Programmable BEC
- Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
- Compatible with Brushless and Brushed Motors
- ?Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
- ?Datalogging Capability
- ?EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
- ?HotWire Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
- ?D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
- ?On-Board Temperature Indicator
- ?HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
- ?Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
- ?Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
- ?Pit Tune Mode
- ?DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
- ?QuickTune Programming
- ?One-Touch Radio Calibration
Input Voltage: 2S-6S LiPo / 4-16S NiMH-NiCD
BEC: 6.0v / 7.4v @ 8amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: 2S - No Limit; 3S - 4000kV; 4S - 3500kV; 5S - 2200kV; 6S - 2200kV
Motor Limit Brushed Mode: No Limit
Max Current: 300amps per phase*
Burst Current: 1000amps per phase*
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: FWD Only / FWD-REV / FWD-REV Delay
Brushless Modes: FWD Only / FWD-REV / FWD-REV Delay
Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.2 x 1.4" / 38 x 55.8 x 35.5mm
Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g
Recommended Applications: 1/10 4WD SCT, 1/8 4WD Buggy, 1/8 4WD Truggy, 1/8 4WD Monster Truck, 1/8 4WD Touring Car, 1/8 4WD GT, 1/8 Dirt Oval, 1/10 (and larger) Rock Crawler
*Per Manufacturer Specs
This product was added to our catalog on March 24, 2017
Nothing at all wrong with the other big brand at all, I just couldn’t quiet get the feel I wanted to mimic my other car and make transitions easier, this has it. Perfection.
I have this new esc and it is high quality. New solder posts are awesome compared to the slit type of gen2. Upcoming Bluetooth adjustability is also excellent and class leading. Support a real racer's company by picking one of these up.
Anyways, mine is great. First one failed after two months. E-mailed Tekin. Within 24 hours had a RMA and they replaced. I've always owned tekin. This is the second ESC that has failed out of quite a few. But they always stand by their products and for me that makes all the difference as these cars get abused especially when racing in 96 degree weather of Florida.
Set-up very easy on the ESC and the Bluetooth interface.