Team Losi Racing 8IGHT-E 4.0 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit
The TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Electric 1/8 Buggy Kit builds on the proven 8IGHT-E platform with updates to the suspension geometry and drivetrain layout that make it easier to drive and harder to beat.
NOTE: Tires, painted body and electronics shown in photos are shown for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
Features at a Glance:
- Durable 4mm hard-anodized 7075 T-6 aluminum chassis
- Improved suspension geometry
- Variable motor and center differential angles
- Dual battery and ESC locations
- Large-bearing spindles and hubs
- 15° caster blocks with adjustable spindle height
- Aluminum shock caps with threaded bleeder holes
- Molded driveshaft and dog bone boots
- Aluminum shock towers with updated camber link and shock location holes
- Cab-forward body
In Depth Features:
- Revised Suspension Geometry: Updated suspension geometry makes it easier to turn faster lap times with fewer mistakes, particularly when harnessing the power of a high-output brushless motor system.
- Variable Motor and Center Differential Angles: Two different center plates for the bottom of the chassis are included. The stock center plate puts the motor and differential directly in line with the chassis. The optional center plate rotates the motor and differential 4.4 degrees, creating equal angles between the front-center and rear-center dog bones. This provides more balanced power to the front and rear of the car under acceleration.
- Two Battery and ESC Locations: The chassis offers two locations for the battery and ESC. With the battery in the forward location and the ESC in the rear of the car, the vehicle has more forward weight bias which improves stability on high-speed tracks. Moving the ESC forward and the battery to the rear mounting location provides a rear weight bias that increases corner speed and makes handling more agile.
- Large Bearing Spindles and Hubs: Front spindles and rear hubs have been revised to accept a larger 8 x 16 x 5 outer bearing for increased durability.
- Adjustable Caster Blocks: The adjustable, 15-degree caster blocks make it possible to tune dog bone plunge by changing the height of the spindle.
- Bleeder Shock Caps and Seals: The bleeder shock caps and internal seals allow for easier rebuilds while using an emulsion shock setup. Updated bushings that press into the shock cap further improve durability.
- Driveshaft and Dog Bone Boots: Molded rubber boots on the CVAs and center drivetrain dog bones increase U- joint life by holding lubrication in and keeping dirt out.
- Redesigned Shock Towers: The machined aluminum shock towers have updated camber link and shock location holes that give racers more tuning options for changing track conditions.
- Cab-Forward Body: The cab-forward body moves aerodynamic pressure further forward on the car, which improves steering.
Type: Electric Buggy
Length: 19.6 in (497mm)
Width: 12.1 in (308mm)
Height: 7.1 in (180mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.4 in (60mm)
Wheelbase: 12.7"-12.9" (323-327mm)
Weight: Varies on equipment used
Chassis: 4mm Plate, 7075-T6 Alumimum, Hard Anodized
Suspension: 4 Wheel Independent
Drivetrain: 4WD, Shaft Driven
Tire Type: Not included
Motor or Engine: 690 size not included
Speed Control: not included
Radio: 2 channel, not included
Servos: not included
Batteries: not included
Charger: not included
Gear Pitch: MOD 1
Shock Type: Aluminum Oil Filled
Body: 8IGHT-E 4.0 Cab Forward, Clear, Pre-Trimmed
Ball Bearings: Yes
Experience Level: Advanced
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (1) Steering Servo
- 1/8 Scale Electronic Speed Control
- 1/8 Scale Brushless Motor
- Mod1 Pitch Pinion Gear
- 4S LiPo Battery Pack (or two 2S LiPos)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Tires, Inserts & CA Tire Glue
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
This product was added to our catalog on February 5, 2016.