Team Associated RC10 World’s Car 1/10 Electric Buggy Kit
The RC10 World’s Car is equipped with updated V2 hard-anodized threaded shock bodies and aluminum adjustment collars to provide improved performance and adjustability. The drivetrain features the famous Stealth 3-gear transmission with a ball differential, CVA axles and V2 slipper to harness the power of modern brushless motors. A durable plastic gear cover was added to protect the V2 slipper and gears. The included 2.2” wheels fit current 2WD buggy tires so racers can select the right tire for their track.
The RC10 World’s Car kit updates make the buggy easier to build and service without altering the authentic look of the original car. The black hard-anodized machined chassis, trimmed front kick-up plate, black motor mount, and nose brace tubes look like the original parts. Some plastic parts have been updated to improve durability, accept modern batteries and components, or increase performance. Plus, the parts are color matched with the original World’s car kits, and all are are backwards compatible with original RC10 Worlds Kit.
- Black, hard-anodized 6061-T6 machined aluminum monocoque chassis
- Stealth 3-gear transmission with ball differential
- V2 slipper assembly with molded gear cover
- 16 precision ball bearings included
- Turbo Mirage body, 5.5” wing, and replica vintage decals
- V2 threaded hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum coil over shocks with molded bleeder caps
- Independent suspension with durable long front arms and refined geometry
- In-line aluminum front axles and 30 degree caster blocks
- Fiber composite shock towers and battery strap
- Graphite transmission brace
- Updated CVA axle drivetrain
- World’s Car bellcrank steering
- 2.2” one-piece wheels
- Steel turnbuckles
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 381mm / 15 inch
Width: 248mm / 8.93 inch
Wheelbase: Varies (262.5-267.7mm/ 10.33-10.54 inch)
Needed to Complete:
- Electric Motor (17.5T Recommended)
- Battery (2S 7.4V LiPo stick or 7.2V NiMH)
- Battery Charger
- 2-channel Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Electronic Speed Control
- Pinion Gear
- Paint for the clear polycarbonate body
- Front and rear 1:10 2.2” buggy tires
- CA glue for tires and wheels
This product was added to our catalog on March 27, 2014.
Short video of it on the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qmCMRspXI .
4 stars only because you cant give 5 stars with as many little issues as I had. Having said that, they're little issues, and not major. Issues: Shock oil had leaked and coated entire shock bag contents. Had the tight transmission issue (although it is a non issue after you run it.) The WC battery strap system requires you to remove a 4-40 screw repeatedly from nylon to remove the battery (I added b5 battery thumb screws). Kit could have come with a battery foam to run shorty forward too. Also, do get the kyosho flanged bearings instead of using the bushings in the steering.)
First it does not come with tires. I bought a set of dirt tires, extra rims and a set of street tires.
Second buy a set of B44.2 REAR/CENTER CVA axles, Associate part # ASC9911.
With the rear suspension completely extended down I kept throwing the dog bones out of their sockets. The B44.2 version is around 1/8 inch longer than the ones I got in my kit and that made all the difference!
Last buy some tool less battery strap thumb screws, part # ASC1787. The hard case battery I have does not allow the kit battery strap to be removed by pinching the battery box inwards.)
Also this car with a brushless system is simply amazing. Kinwald and Associated had the right idea bringing this back.
Cannot recommend highly enough.)