The Tamiya Panzer 38(t) Ausf E/F German Lt 1/35 Model Tank Kit recreates one of Germany’s formidable lightweight tanks. This subject in fact started life as a light tank developed for Czechoslovakia, but was adopted and renamed 38(t) by German forces after their occupation of the country in 1939. It was equipped with a 3.7cm main gun and could reach speeds of up to 42km/h powered by the 125hp engine. A number of variants were produced, of which the Ausf. E/F 38(t)s were manufactured over a one-year period from November 1940; they featured improved armor and were thrown into the conflict with Soviet forces after the start of Operation Barbarossa.
- 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit
- Study of a real 38(t) in the Kubinka Tank Museum was used to faithfully capture this highly accurate model with detail right down to the rivets
- The turret front left sight moves in conjunction with the 3.7cm gun
- Features a realistic recreation of the suspension with large road wheels and upper return rollers
- Assembly type tracks give natural recreation of the upper run ‘sag.’, with single piece straight sections
- The kit comes with a figure recreating a commander for placement in the cupola hatch
- Includes two marking options for vehicles with units on the Eastern Front in 1941
- Photo-etch grill part included
Note: Photo of completed model is for illustrative purposes only. This is a model kit that requires assembly. Hobby tools, adhesive and paint will be needed to complete the model.
This product was added to our catalog on April 29, 2021
Saturday, Apr 23 2022 (8 months ago)
Tamiya Panzer 38(t) Ausf E/F German Lt 1/35 Model Tank Kit
I will start with I have looked at this kit on numerous occasions and 2 weeks ago I bought it. I have been building Tamiya kits for over 30 years and have built a whole lot lately. I build armor almost very day of the week and sometimes I work on them 20 hrs. during the weekends ( if I cant get some private time). I have been buying a lot of higher end models in the last 2 years since I think several other companies have released some great updated kits with photoetched parts and better detail. And these companies have finally got on line with Tamiya on good fitting of there kits. Now onto this kit.. My hats off to Tamiya this kit was fabulous, awesome detail, very clean crisp, slide molded parts, photo etched grill. There were no fitting issue at all, the link and length tracks fit perfectly and very easy to put together. Even the figure fits and sits right like he should. I just finished this kit Today and it was a blast. A VERY GOOD kit for novice and experienced alike. You will not be disappointed. 5 stars all the way.