Serpent Viper 977 EVO2 1/8 On Road Nitro Kit
The Serpent Viper 977 EVO-2 is the latest version of the popular Serpent 1/8 scale onroad nitro racer. As a leader in 1/8 scale onroad rc cars for over 35 years, with over 35 years of race and development experience under their belt, Serpent is a force to be reckoned with on the track.
The Serpent Viper-EVO-2 is the next step in the continiuous development of the platform, developed to dominate this demanding racing class, that many consider the pinnacle of rc car racing. The Viper 977-EVO-2 has been refined, honed and tuned, making it a weapon in the hands of every driver, making a superb car even better.
NOTE: Painted body, tires/wheels and engine shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
Features at a Glance:
- Updated Rear End Geometry creates more traction overall, and the rear end is more stabile under braking.
- Updated Big Bore Shocks, similar to 411 4.0 TC and 748-WC, feature machined pistons, an updated seal package, machined spacers, coated aluminum parts and hardened steel shock shafts. The rear shocks have longer shafts.
- 4wd belt-driven
- Independent suspension with hydraulic shocks
- Front shaft with oneways and rear solid axle
- Aluminium chassisplate in 7075 T6 with optimised flex and weights slide system
- 2.5mm carbon radioplate with flex system
- Aluminium bearingblocks front and rear
- Central rear axle brake
- Front cvd , rear dogbone drive, both with quick change wheel system/axles
- Ball raced front and rear anti-roll bars
- aluminium mid-flex system with bearings
- front bumper with inserts
- Serpent spring steel axles and driveshafts
Viper EVO 2 Features:
- Updated Rear End Geometry: The geometry moves the lower inner rear pivot pins closer together. By using longer pivotballs the lower suspension arms are made longer. This creates more traction overall, so higher corner speeds are possible, and the rear end is more stable under braking.
- Updated Big Bore Shocks: Similar to the shocks found on the 411 4.0 TC and 748-WC car, the short shocks feature machined pistons, an updated seal package combined with machined spacers and coated aluminum parts and hardened steel shock shafts. The rear shocks have longer shafts.
- 2-speed SL8 XLi Gearbox with Super Low Inertia: All the parts of the gearbox have been made smaller and as light as possible, to lower inertia even further and remain durable. The gears changed to a 0.8 pitch which is smoother and quieter than the original.
- Centax Hardcoated Aluminum Clutch Gears with 0.8 Pitch: 0.8 pitch pinions match the 0.8 pitch gearbox. The precision machined and hardcoated gears are durable and smooth.
- Aluminum Chassis: 7075 T6 with optimized flex and weights slide. The flex-characteristic is a major benefit, as well as weight balance and heat dissipation. The chassis is narrower in the front to allow a slightly different geometry. Machining of the chassis allows flex in a different area than before. Vibration of the weight slide is dampened by using the carbon brace.
- 2.5mm Carbon Fiber Radio Plate with Aluminum Mid-Flex System: The stiff carbon radio plate is one piece again with the flex system moving to the center of the car, just behind the tank. In this way the flex is better distributed, resulting in a better handling car.
- Aluminum Central Flex System with Bearings: The system consists of a lower and upper anodized aluminum section, connected with screws for zero flex, or with bearings inside for some controlled flex. It needs removal of only 2 screws to go from fixed to controlled flex.
- Front Bumper with Inserts: The front aero type bumper is a very durable unit, which as extra feature offers removable inserts. Its very easy and quick to change aerodynamic characteristic in a matter of seconds, by just removing or adding the inserts.
- Rear Floating Body Mount: Extra ribs and more material is added to increase the stiffness of the rear body mount and a 4th hole is added both sides for more tuning options.
Weight: 2.420kg (depending on radio gear)
Track-width rear: 260mm - 266mm
Track-width front: 250mm - 260mm
Wheel base: Adjustable 296 - 300mm +/-1.7mm
Fuel tank: 125cc
Needed to Complete:
- Radio system (transmitter and receiver)
- Personal transponder
- Steering & throttle servos
- Manifold & exhaust
- Starter box & starter box battery pack
- Receiver battery pack
- Glowplug igniter
- Battery charger
- 1/8-scale bodyshell & Polycarbonate paint
- Wheels & tires
- Model R/C car fuel (nitromethane)
This product was added to our catalog on March 23, 2017.