This is the Serpent S811T-E "Cobra E" RTR 1/8 Scale 4WD Electric Truggy, equipped with DragonRC brushless electronics and a 2.4GHz radio system. The Serpent Cobra E-Truggy in RTR trim is a great all-around truck. As a basher, this is the ideal platform for fun featuring big power, a 4WD drivetrain, and engineering designed to take a beating. As a racer, this RTR truggy is a great platform to get your feet wet in competition, with plenty of aftermarket support and accessories to choose from. Plus, this truck is based off the purebred racer, the Serpent Cobra E-Truggy.
NOTE: The vehicle shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The RTR Cobra-E Truggy is available in four different color styles: Orange, Red, Blue and Green. If you would like a specific paint scheme please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
- Truggy: Fully expert pre assembled and pre-set chassis and electronics.
- Body: Pre-painted and pre-cut low e-Truggy body, in 4 main colors orange, red, Green and Blue. (also clear one available as optional)
- Tires: Pre-mounted race ready tires / wheels with soft compounds and pin type profile for incredible grip.
- Chassis: Very narrow 3mm 7075T6 aluminum chassis. Countersunk holes, pockets to position the suspension brackets.
- Side Guards / Battery Trays: Durable shaped composite side guards / battery trays that follow the line of the chassis, and mount with 5 screws each side. The battery trays features easy to use Serpent marked felcron TM straps to secure the batteries in place. Fits 2S and 3S batteries.
- Motor Mount: Only one-screw is needed to secure the BL motor, in the nicely designed durable machined aluminium motormount. The space for the motor allows mounting all popular buggy and (monster) truggy motors.
- Transmitter: DragonRc 2.4 GHz steering wheel type transmitter with plenty of settings and good range. Comes with small and light receiver.
- Motor: DragonRC long body 2000kV brushless motor with easy color coded connectors.
- ESC: DragonRC waterproof speed controller with a massive 150A capacity to control the brushless motor and 4S or 6S battery power.
- Front Suspension: Very long and durable composite lower wishbones, combined with upper spring-steel track rods. 2 lower shock-mount positions. Downstops can be used as needed. Pivotball type anti-roll bar rods. Very durable front steering block / C-hub assembly.
- Drive-Shafts & Wheel Axles: Long and lightweight spring steel units with pressed in steel pins, laser-engraved. Same length front and rear. Serpent spring steel threaded wheel-axles with lightweight grey anodized aluminum wheel-nuts to keep the massive truggy wheels/tyres on track. Captured universal joints.
- Front & Rear Shock Tower: Light, strong and durable machined 5mm aluminum units with 5 positions for shock angle.
- Gear Differentials: Very small, compact design to reduce rotating mass to the max.
- Rear Uprights: Durable composite rear uprights with 3 camber positions.
- Rear Wing Mount & Wing: The composite rear wing mount, allows to change the angle of the rear wing. Two stage high down force wing, has two levels of angle, which also includes 2 fins. Helps improve down force and straight line capability.
- Shocks: 16mm big bore shocks, with hard anodized precision threaded shock bodies. Shock boots in silicone rubber to keep the dirt out. Chromed shock-shafts for super smooth shock action.
- Factory assembled racing chassis
- Prepainted and precut low type truggy body and large composite rear wing
- Premounted truggy tires/wheels/inserts
- Pre-set 4S to 6S capable waterproof 150A ESC (DragonRC)
- 2000kv brushless long body motor (DragonRC)
- Digital 2.4ghz transmitter
- Metal gear servo 20kg (DragonRC-Savox)
- 3 Oil filled gear differentials
- Big bore shocks with rubber dust boots and machined aluminum shock towers
- Spring steel transmission parts and turnbuckles, front and rear CVD driveshafts
- Front and rear anti-roll bars
- Large battery-cases with easy felcron straps
- Machined aluminum chassis plate
- Batteries not included
Class: 1/8 scale 4wd E-truggy
Weight: 4.000 grams ( race ready, depends on gear used )
Differential: Lightweight, small gear diffs, front, central and rear
Shocks: 16mm big bore
Wheels: Serpent premounted truggy wheels/inserts/tires
Body: Precut and prepainted E-truggy style
Transmitter: 2.4 GHz transmitter with small receiver
ESC: Waterproof 150A with fan (4-6S)
Motor: 2000 KV brushless
Needed To Complete:
- (2) LiPo Batteries w/T-Style Connector (either two 2S or two 3S batteries)
- Compatible Battery Charger
- (8) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
This product was added to our catalog on January 3, 2017
I OWNED A LOSI EIGHT T 2.0, AND THIS SERPENT BEATS IT HANDS DOWN! GREAT QUALITY
AND ITS A BEAST ON 6S!
The stock transmitter/receiver, was pulled and put up on ebay....I never bothered to try it...however, a friend also bought the Cobra Truggy, and it worked fine for his first run on the track.
I've been doing RC since 1983...owned over 100 cars, and 50 airplanes......this one is a keeper.
**UPDATE** Serpent America, Florida--GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Emailed my problem, proof of purchase and photos. Shout out to Doug, Ricardo, and Joaquin for quick response and solving my issue. Parts mailed out next day. Anyone else has this problem STOP IMMEDIATELY and apply high heat to hubs..(I used my soldering iron & wedged into hex area & sit for 15-20 minutes to breakdown locktite) then 17mm wheel nut was able to be removed. ORIGINAL RATING *** After great experience with Serpent America *****
Handles very well, top quality materials used throughout kit,looks amazing, fast on 4s. First the wheels are extremely tight. Cannot remove & now both fronts possibly have stripped wheel hex? Cannot retighten either & now they're wobbling pretty bad. All 4 wheels are like this. I stopped trying once 1st rear wheel did same thing. Second, the plastic piece on lower part of aluminum body broke and shock went out on 1st run. This happened on 4s on moderate jumping in grass. Purchase was made
7/29/20. The shock doesn't concern me, stuff breaks in this hobby & is part of the fun in repairs and upgrades. But the wheels issue sucks because I can't run it (can run on busted shock) don't want to cause further damages from loose front wheels. I bought another set of wheels/tires to use for bashing and stock pin tires (excellent quality) will be used at local track. That's why I tried to remove wheels. I emailed Serpent America office in FL yesterday, maybe they can try to help in some fashion. I'll have to take to hobby shop, because I am beyond my scope of repairs. Also, wrenching on this is harder than expected. I've got AE, Tacon, and HPI electric & nitro RCs since 1996. But Serpent 811te is first rodeo in 1/8th. These are easy fixes but frustrating; wheels tightened by Thanos + threadlock at factory and can't remove is stupid problem to have. Don't let this rating scare you from buying! Get it, just don't change wheels/tires until absolutely ready. And the shock; chalk up as phantom hit...
Well bonded and all the parts are screaming quality and durability..
In 4s this thing is violently fast (accelerates like a bullet-top speed is nice)
In 6s is just not fun! needs a stadium to drive it safely..
All in all this is a super truggy.
I own the TLR 8T 4.0 and this RTR has almost identical quality with the TLR.
(From a fun perspective the TLR with my Novarossi ELITE 5 is more fun but the serpent kills it without hesitation: is faster and more violent and the part quality is the highest possible..)
If you find it, take it. This thing is FAST, DURABLE, NIMBLE and RACE READY for sure!!!