This is the Schumacher Cougar KR 2WD 1/10 Scale Off-Road Buggy Kit. The Cougar KR is a professional, high performance 2WD racing buggy that has been designed especially for dirt and low traction surfaces. The KR is developed from the highly successful Cougar range of cars which have won countless races worldwide. The KR features a gear differential, industry standard 12mm hex wheels, recessed alloy chassis and an alloy anti-squat plate to name a few. It also now sports Schumachers stealth black look, first seen on the superb CAT K1 4WD.
- Redesigned Front Skid Plate - Reduces wear
- Redesigned Lower easy to assemble, wing mount system
- Redesigned All black anodized components
- Redesigned Gear Differential with hardened steel gears and super hard outputs
- Redesigned Hi-Tensile, revised style silver turnbuckles
- Redesigned Stronger front steering hub, with fine Kwik Klip Adjustment
- Redesigned 12mm Hex Wheels with clean look and industry standard offset
- Redesigned Super Strong 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy Anti-Squat plate
- Redesigned Recessed alloy chassis - Low center of gravity for LiPo batteries & neater wiring
- Redesigned Rear top deck mount - Optimized chassis flex
- Large range of front to rear battery positions - Allows weight distribution tuning for each track
- Molded chassis sides - Fantastic dirt seal with no handling compromise
- Maximum dimension wing - Superb airflow control and max down force
- “Super Cool” 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy motor plate; offers a greater surface area and thickness, for improved cooling and rigidity
- Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined 3 hole pistons with recessed e-clips, threaded collars, twin o-ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation
- Longer front wishbones - Improved corner speed
- Stronger front bulkhead and bottom plate
- 24 piece “Red Seal” ball bearing set
- PTFE coated shock bodies - Hard, with a super smooth shock action
- CVA style driveshafts - Increased drive
- Excellent center line balance
- Fully optimized suspension geometry - Fast, consistent handling
- Molded gear cover for great spur gear protection
- Rear motor & three geared transmission - Excellent grip on low traction circuits
Power Source: ELECTRIC
Model Type: 2WD, OFF ROAD, COMPETITION
Top Speed: 40 MPH+
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio & Servo
- Motor & Electric Speed Control
- Steering Servo
- Motor Pinion
- LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 19, 2013
One thing I will recommend, use an o-ring in the shock caps instead of the bladder. The big bore bleeder caps come with the o-ring for the cap. I had some issues with the stock set-up of just using the bladder in the cap and had some leaks, but when I used the o-ring with no bladder..leaks went away.
I highly recommend this buggy..just a fantastic build. The removal of parts are made easy for maintenance or repairs. The shell is very durable, almost like a short-course shell, no cracks or dents to speak of. Shocks are amazing, especially with the 13mm shafts. It's a tight fit for electronics, but nothing that can't be worked out with a little patience. Gear box and diff removal is by far the best I have seen..no taking the gear box completely apart to get to the diff..you can leave the gear box and slipper intact and just work on the diff by itself. if you have been thinking of getting this kit...do it.
Novak Pulse ESC
5000mah 50c batt/Run all the way rearward.
35(Stk) oil front
7000 gear diff oil
First impression: WOW... this car is Stiff!!! With the top plate and Aluminium chassie, this car does not flex. I know I need to get use to the car and what it's tendencies are but the entire night, I was fighting the car rolling, Lawn darting and when I cased a jump, 100% of the time the bounce would result in a flip. After some help from current KR owners I made a few changes
1. Changed to a 13.5 Novak.
2. Installed the Prebuilt Ball diff
3. 22.5 Wgt oil Rear
4. 30 Wgt oil Front
5. realesed the Front top plate pin/hinge-Gives the car a little more flex in the front of the car forward to aft (Side to side still very stiff)
6. Reversed the Front A-arms left and right- seems weird but I can tell you, it works.
5. Pins rear, Changed front the AKA handlebars both closed cell
***Going to change out to the "Soft" front and rear arms****
Second impression: For me, these changes were great! I got the car to hook up smoother without spinning out and overall the car felt a bit more forgiving when I found myself in a bad line or when I misjuged a landing or a corner. I know that all tracks are different and driver style and skill will dictate how the car drives so these are just my thoughts. I would reccomend this car to anyone. For me, this car needed a few tweaks...I know it will be a very good car with a little more time.