Saito's new FA-100 will turn an APC 14 x 8 prop 300 to 700 rpm more than either the Saito .91 or O.S. .91. At only 19.2 ounces (less muffler), it weighs nearly 2 ounces less than other manufacturers comparable engines! The Saito FA-100 is not just a punched out .91. It features a newly tooled case that shares the mounting dimensions of the O.S. 91. This allows it to be used with the many after-market engine mounts already available to fit this engine.
In testing, Saito 100 idled and transitioned beautifully from the first start due to the included new Hangar 9™ Super Plug (HAN3011) that now comes with all Saito engines. This plug greatly improves idle and transition in all four-stroke engines. In flight, the FA-100 was one smooth operator. Transition and idle were clean and crisp with instantaneous response. No dead sticks occurred in the first six test flights, despite purposefully long high-altitude idles, followed by rapid full-throttle transitions.
If you're looking for a powerful lightweight four-stroke to power your latest .60 through .90-size project, you don't have to settle on a 91. Check out Saito's new FA-100.
- Same mounting dimensions as O.S. 91 Surpass
- 1.00-size in a .91-size case
- Type: 4-stroke
- Displacement: 1.10 cu in (17.10 cc)
- Bore: 1.14 in (29.0 mm)
- Stroke: 1.02 in (26.0 mm)
- Cylinders: Single - Chrome Plated
- Total Weight: 20.9 oz
- Engine (Only) Weight: 19.5 oz
- Muffler Weight: 1.4 oz
- Crankshaft Threads: 8x1.25mm
- Benchmark Prop: APC 14 x 8
- Prop Range: 13x9 - 14x10
- RPM Range: 2,000 - 11,000
- Fuel: 10%-30% Synthetic
- Mounting Dimensions: 115x60x128 mm
- Muffler Type: Cast
- Cylinder Type: AAC
- Carb Type: Barrel, 2 Needle Valve
- Crank Type: Ball Bearing
This product was added to our catalog on February 8, 2010.