The REDS WRX Corsa Lunga is a long stroke extreme torque engine developed with the philosophy of product innovation, high quality, high performance and reliability. Everything that makes the WRX unique is a leap forward in modern nitro engine technology.
- 20k RPM OF USABLE TORQUE: The WRX features Extra Long Stroke geometry 16x17.3 mm, 5 scavenger ports and a single exhaust port cylinder sleeve and works with the crankcase to deliver more low-to middle-range torque with less fuel consumption. The engine has been designed to develop an incredible wide RPM range of usable torque, which makes the WRX Corsa Lunga one of the fastest engine worldwide.
- A DIAMOND IS FOREVER: WR Line engines feature a DLC Coated crankshaft and backplate for improved engine durability. The crankshaft can last approximately 3 times longer than a conventional steel crankshaft thanks to the extreme hardness of the diamond coating. Even the conrod life is lengthened about 50%.
- COOLING SYSTEM: The cooling system has been specifically developed to widen the operating range so that the engine can work well in extremely hot conditions. Plus, the cooling system helps to provide more consistent tuning in every track condition.
- ADVANCED CARB SYSTEM: The REDS HCX carburetor HSN is horizontally positioned lower down making REDS the only company with this set-up: greater idle stability, more precise tuning, easier access to high speed needle, higher mid/top range power. REDS Horizontal carburetor has been provided with a revolutionary off-set GEN 2 venturi to assure improved fuel mileage and higher torque. The REDS HCX carburetor provides more efficient fluid dynamics for an even greater tuning stability.
- HANDMADE, TUNED AND ASSEMBLED: The Corsa Lunga is hand-tuned with a silicone-filled, balanced and tuned crankshaft by M. Rossi. Every single engine is hand inspected and compression checked by Mario and Marco Rossi to achieve the highest quality standards. This is core to the values that makes the WRX different from any engine on the market.
- ANTI-DIRT SEALING SYSTEM: The cooling head anti-dirt sealing system keeps the engine clean in a critical area between the cooling head and crankcase. The redesigned crankcase provides easier maintenance and a cleaner engine for longer life.
- ADVANCED ENGINEERING: REDS products are developed using tools to analyze Engine Dynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Stress Analysis (FEA).
Application: 1/8 Buggy and Truggy
Inlet ports: 5
Outlet ports: 1
Crankshaft : Balanced BLACK DIAMOND™ DLC Coated
Front ball bearing: 7x19x6mm rubber seal made in Japan
Rear ball bearing: 14x25.4x6mm Swiss made ceramic
Carburetor Venturi: 7.0 (6.0 and 6.5 optional)
Carburetor: HCX™ Upgrade
Cilinder system: ABC
Exhaust type: rear
Recommended Glow plug: REDS T5C or TS3
Recommended Exhaust: REDS 2104 + M
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil
This product was added to our catalog on February 2, 2018