This is the ProTek R/C "TruTemp" Infrared Thermometer. Any temp gun can give you a reading, but the accuracy of that reading is always questioned - especially when dealing with cheap guns from questionable sources. When you have thousands of dollars invested into your equipment, a questionable number isn't good enough. You need accuracy, dependability and simplicity.
The "TruTemp" is a highly useful non-contact tool specially designed for use with R/C engines, motors, battery packs, battery chargers, electronic speed controllers, as well as hundreds of other applications. To use, simply aim the infrared thermometer at the target and press the measurement button to quickly and easily display the surface temperatures.
Most people think a cheap temp gun is good enough, but cheap temp guns provide untrustworthy measurements. Put your equipment in the hands of precision, with the ProTek R/C TruTemp.
- High speed and accurate infrared sensor
- Four Modes - Quick Mode / Scan Mode / Max. Value / Min. Value
- Selectable Fahrenheit and Celsius scale
- Reads temperatures from -40°F – 716°F (-40°C – 380°C)
- Adjustable infrared emissivity coefficient
- Large easy-to-read LCD display, with backlight
- Minimal power consumption with 2 “AAA” batteries
- 1 minute auto-off timer conserves battery life
- Power Source: 2 “AAA” Batteries (not included)
- Operating Current: ≤ 40mA @ 2.0V
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Current Drain: ≤ 25ua @ 3V
- Temperature Range Tolerance:
- -40°F – 32°F: ±1.8°F (-40°C – 0°C: ±1°C)
- 32°F – 140°F: ±0.9°F (0°C – 60°C: ±0.5°C)
- 140°F – 248°F: ±1.8°F (60°C – 120°C: ±1°C)
- 248°F – 356°F: ±3.6°F (120°C – 180°C: ±2°C)
- 356°F – 464°F: ±5.4°F (180°C – 240°C: ±3°C)
- 464°F – 680°F: ±7.2°F (240°C – 360°C: ±4°C)
- Adjustable Range for Infared Emissivity Coefficient: 0.01 – 1
- Dimensions: 121x40x39.6mm (4.8x1.6x1.6in)
- Weight: 75g (2.6oz)
This product was added to our catalog on December 3, 2014
1. The plastic in the housing is so poor that 9 out of 12 screw bosses were cracked already at delivery! The reason I found out? Pieces of the plastic was rattling inside the body, and the button kept sinking into the body when pressing it, so I just had to open it and find out. The screws bosses have not even survived the assembly procedure in China. You can actually feel how brittle the plastic is when using it.
2.There are buttons for measure mode min/max/continious, and temperature units. These cannot be set to a default position, so that the temp gun always wake up in the same mode, so you have to fiddle with that every time you take a measurment. When reading the temperature of an nitro engine it is always best to use the ”max” mode, but the temp gun starts in ”continious” mode. Farenheit is the unit used in USA so it might not cause any problem for most of you but if you are in Celsius world then it just sucks that the gun wake up in Farenheit.
This product is defenitely not anything you want to rely on at a race!