This charger is also designed to allow you to balance multiple batteries at once as you can charge and balance up to two 4S batteries, two 3S batteries or three 2S batteries at once. When you connect multiple batteries, the batteries also need to be connected together with a serial charge lead. You should also make sure all the batteries are discharged or used in the same groups that you charge them in (ie: two 4S batteries used in series for a 8S battery pack etc).
- High power, high current, high-performance power conversion circuit. The iCharger series uses advanced Synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter technology with an output conversion efficiency that can reach over 90%. This not only saves power and reduces heat build up but also makes the charger more compact and conveniently mobile.
- Wide input power range. Input power comes in though 4mm bullet connectors (up to 25A) also includes alligator clips that can be soldered onto the main input leads. The input voltage range is from 4.5V to 32V. The output power can be adjusted to align with the available input power, thus preventing input current overload and protecting the DC source. Note that in order to charge at a full 20A you may need more than the usual 13.8V power supply.
- Multiple Battery Types. The iCharger series can be used with three types of Lithium batteries - LiPo, Lilo, LiFe - and has a fully integrated cell balancer.
- Temperature Sensor. Internal temperature sensor and temperature controlled automatic cooling FAN controls the internal temperature and provides intelligent protection. When the internal temperature is over 60℃(140F), the output power is automatically reduced by 25%. If the temperature exceeds 65℃(149F) the charge cycle is stopped.
- 10 memory slots. Convenient set of 10 battery profile memories that can be saved and loaded by number. You can also set the name on the memory slots to a custom value for easy identification.
- Large backlit LCD screen. 2x16 backlit LCD screen that provides rich information including active mode, current, voltage, total charge (mAh), charging time and temperature etc.
- Charge/Discharge options. Various charging/discharging settings and cycles to meet a wide range of customer needs. For Lithium batteries: balance charging, normal charging, fast charging, storage, discharging, ext-discharging, charge/discharge cycling, and battery monitoring. For NiCd/NiMH batteries: charging-auto, charging-manual, discharging, charge/discharge cycling and forming charge. For Pb batteries: charging and discharging.
- Unique Lithium battery expanding discharge program. When you connect the external capacity resistance, you can use it as the maximum discharge power capacity—600W (@30V/20A).
- Unique Lithium battery Monitor program. When you use other equipment to charge or discharge a Lithium pack, you can use the iCharger to monitor the per-cell voltages, battery temperature and process time. If any individual cell appears over-charged or over-discharged or the pack is too hot or the process has gone on for too long, the iCharger will generate an alarm sound and the related information will blink.
- Electric motor test mode. Electric motor test mode can be used to run-in electric motors, test motor parameters and performance, check tolerances etc.
- Foam-cut drive. In this mode, the charger acts as a convenient power supply for a hot wire foam cutter.
- Battery interior resistance measurement. The iCharger can not only measure the internal resistance of the battery pack, and also can measure the per-cell internal resistance (only available for lithium battery).
- Perfect protection. The iCharger has protection for reversed polarity (input or output), low input voltage, battery temperature, charging capacity and time overrun.
- Internal log file storage. The iCharger 208B has a built in 16Mbit flash storage chip, which can log offline charge and discharge data for up to 36 hours of charging, so you can download the charge data to your PC after the charge is complete.
The iCharger also supports the “Open Format” data of the “logview” software and can display, plot and analyze the charge and discharge data by it. (See detail information about logview in the following website, http://www.logview.info) The software for updating the charger via the USB port is available here, and the instructions are available here.
Input Voltage Range: 4.5 – 32.0VDC
Charge Current Range: 0.05 – 20.0A
Discharge Current Range: 0.05 – 20.0A
Maximum Charge Power Capacity: 350W @ Input voltage > 18V
Maximum Discharge Power Capacity: 30W Maximum internal
Discharge Power Capacity: 600W @ 30V/20A
Current Drain For Balancing: <350mA
Balance Accuracy: <10mV
Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) Battery Cell Count: 1 – 9 Series (In non-balance mode, expand LiFe to 10s)
NiCd/NiMH Battery Cell Count: 1 – 25 series
Pb Battery Cell Count: 1 – 18 series (2 –36V)
Log File Storage: 16Mbit (36 hours)
Battery Setup Memories: 10
Intelligent Temperature Control: Yes
PC Connect: USB port
Dimensions (L X W X D): 143x97x26mm 5.63"x3.82"x1.02"
The Auto and manual modes are really nice too. I found it nice to be able to control the fan so that it can be turned on and left running or placed in Auto mode. Many nice features with the iCharger 208B.