The ProTek R/C 7000mAh 100C 2S battery pack is THE MOST POWERFUL 2S BATTERY EVER TESTED by BigSquidRC.com!
- Superior power delivery you can feel on the track: "Every single tester agreed the ProTek 7000 ripped harder than any other 2S Lipo they had ever driven. It made “Elite” packs seem mellow and soft from the bottom to the very top. Comparing the ProTek to “low-end” Lipo’s and Ni-Mh’s was simply laughable, it was that much superior in power and run-time."
- Then proven on the test bench: "The ProTek 2S 100C 7000 put out the highest numbers for a 2S lipo that we’ve ever seen on our West Mountain CBA. It put out the highest voltage we’ve ever seen at both 30 and 60 amps, and the longest run-time numbers too. And, it does it from a ROAR legal form factor to boot. Because of its bone crushing numbers, the ProTek 2S 7000 is our new reference 2S pack, the pack all others are compared to."
- Click HERE to read the full review.
This is the ProTek R/C "Supreme Power" 2S - 7000mAh, 100C Lithium Polymer hard case battery pack. A set of 5mm bullet connectors and a 2mm bullet connector have been included for convenience.
This ProTek R/C battery pack can be used in any application where you need 6-cell NiMH stick or race pack, such as 1/10th scale electric touring cars or 2wd and 4wd off-road vehicles. These packs are significantly lighter when compared to regular NiMH race packs, making the overall vehicle weight lighter for significantly improved acceleration. These batteries also have a nominal voltage of 7.4V compared to the 7.2V of regular NiMH batteries, and have dramatically reduced internal resistance. This leads to increased top speed and improved 'punch' off the line when compared to NiMH batteries.
These battery packs are built using a hard plastic case that is required for use at ROAR sanctioned tracks and events. The packs are small enough to fit into all touring cars and off-road vehicles, and are easily secured in vehicles designed for side by side NiMH race packs.
Note: Some vehicles may require some re-balancing if the light weight of these batteries cause some handling changes. To get the vehicle to balance correctly, add some weight to the battery side of the vehicle.
Unlike most other Lithium Polymer batteries, these batteries can be charged at up to 2 times the rated current, or 2C! If your charger is capable, you can charge these batteries at up 14A!
CRASH Protection Guarantee!
ProTek RC offers a 50% Damage Replacement program for one (1) year after original purchase date on all batteries that have been damaged due to impact, over-discharging, or improper charging that have not been modified or disassembled. The damaged battery will be replaced by a comparable battery at 50% off of its retail cost.
- ROAR Approved!
- Type: Lithium Polymer
- Capacity: 7000mAh
- Voltage: 7.4V nominal
- Connector Type: 5.0mm bullets w/2.0mm for balancing
- Number of Cells: 2
- Weight: 327g
- Configuration: 2S2P
- Dimensions (WxLxH): 47x137.6x25mm
- Maximum Charge Rate: 2C (14A)!
- Maximum Continuous Discharge: 100C (700A)
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
NOTE: When using high energy Li-Polymer Batteries, please do not over-discharge or over-charge batteries as this will result in over heated batteries. Discharging capacity can't exceed 80% of the max capacity of the pack after full charging to ensure a good cycle performance. It is recommended to fully charge a brand new battery before using and only discharge the battery 50% for first 5 cycles. Always monitor race time and/or set a low voltage warning on ESC (End voltage cannot be lower than 3.2v per cell). Do not use the battery that has too low a voltage.
Do not expose batteries to sunshine or store/charge batteries at the temperature above 35°C or in a closed car. The high temperature environment could cause damage to the pack or make it burst. If the battery becomes hot while fast charging, high current discharging or racing, do not charge the battery until it has cooled completely. Wait about 20 mins, then inspect prior to recharging.
This product was added to our catalog on January 30, 2013