ProTek RC 2S High Current Charge/Balance Adapter (4mm to 5mm Solid Bullets) (10awg Wire) (24")
The ProTek R/C 2S High Current Charge/Balance Adapter is the solution you have been waiting for if you charge/discharge your 5mm bullet batteries at higher than normal amp rates, or need a heavy duty low resistance charge cable. Featuring huge 10awg wire at 24" length, gold plated 5mm bullets for the battery connection and 4mm bullet connectors for the charger connection, with an XH balance tap, this charge cable is one of a kind. The coiled jacket helps to keep the adapter flexible and tangle free and finishes off a package that will keep your work space clean and organized.
- Fits chargers that use 4mm bullet charging inputs
- Hi-Amp gold plated 5mm bullets for battery connection delivers higher amp carrying capacity
- Hi-Amp gold plated 4mm bullets on charger side
- 10awg wire to handle high current demands
- Coiled jacket helps to prevent tangles
- Length 24" (61cm)
This product was added to our catalog on August 25, 2016.
buy with confidence.)
The woven plastic covers are over every wire--this is far too much. It makes it very unfriendly to use. The wires are too stiff and the whole thing was way too bulky, as others have stated.
I have found that it is much better to use after I did the following rather painful exercise:
1) Pull the outer woven cover from under the heatshrink tubing and then slide it off completely. Then slide the heatshrink tubes off.
2) Pull the woven cover off the 2 main conductor wires, leaving the heatshrink tubing near the end bullet connectors.
3) I left the woven cover off the thinner balance wires (but this could be scrapped too)
4) Heat the shrink tubing on the end of the main conductor wires since they are now loose after removing the woven wrap.
5) I returned the outer woven cover, but shortened it by about 1.5 - 2 inches. I used the same heatshrink pieces I took off earlier, and heated them again to lock the outer wrap in place.
Ultimately, this resulted in a much much thinner charge cable. The outer wrap is now pretty much "normal size." The ends are much more flexible and while the balance cable would still be better if it was another inch or so longer on each end, it is now a usable cable. Previously it was bordering on going in the garbage can. It would be improved further if the cable was overall 6-8 inches longer.)
Balance cables should be a little longer than the charge leads.
The MASSIVE coiled jacket adds tons of strain/tension, feels like plastic sleeves.)
If they don't offer a better option I will be returnign the leads, and charger.)