The Kyosho Turbo Scorpion 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy Kit remains true to the essence of the unique Scorpion design, but features Scorpion-style wheels in the larger 2.2 inch modern standard wheels for improved off-road performance. In addition, 12mm oil shocks based on the Optima deliver rock-solid running stability and excellent damping characteristics that work in combination with high-grip front and rear tires with a 20mm wider front tread and 10mm longer wheelbase than the original Scorpion to realize improved control and handling performance. With a thorough modernization, the Turbo Scorpion is ready and willing to accept modern-day power sources and compete on modern race circuits. The standard Turbo Scorpion is a fully optioned chassis configuration and is ready to take the punishment that goes with hard driving.
- Recreation of the original body design. Roll bar position moved back 6mm and compatible with the original light buckets from the first Scorpion.
- Stylish design features modern standard 2.2 inch wheels with a 20mm wider front tread & 10mm longer wheelbase than the original Scorpion.
- Ladder frame is made from strong and lightweight A6061T6. The radio box is compatible with various battery types and with the same white color as the original recreates that racy style.
- Forged A6061T6 suspension arms deliver superior strength, rigidity and durability and combine with 12mm oil shocks based on the Optima to realize high-level performance.
- Optimal use of nylon and sintered alloy in the 48 pitch gears realizes low noise and high efficiency.
- Optional ball diff from the Ultima RB can be installed (not included).
- Gear cover enclosing two-piece aluminum diecast gearbox with built-in gear diff features a slipper clutch to protect gears from damage.
- Soft compound reduces understeer from the ribbed front tires. Block-pattern rear tires maintain sure-footed grip and traction.
- Includes 5-spoke style wheels like the original Scorpion that are normally sold as an optional upgrade for the vintage series.
- White rear wing included matches vintage color scheme with reinforced nylon resin wing stay. Kit also includes resin parts that allow the wing angle to be adjusted.
- Turbo Scorpion updated to meet the demands of the modern off-road racing scene.
- Kit includes pre-assembled gearbox.
- Features same racy-style mini bumper as the original.
- Rear section reinforced with Rear Sus Post L, strengthened by added flange.
- Features accurate recreation of the original loop-mount light buckets. Optional LED lights can be simply bolted on.
- Screwed surfaces are countersunk for flat finish.
- Decals included in kit are diecut. Stretch for easy application and beautiful body finish.
Tread (F/R): 218mm/215mm
Tire (F/R): F82×27mm / F86×42mm
Gear Ratio: 6.9 : 1 / 8.3 : 1 (select from 2-type)
Weight: 1,500g (approx.)
Motor: 540-type (sold separately)
- Semi Pre-assembled kit (gear box is pre-assembled)
- Polycarbonate clear body
- Chassis parts
- L type hexagonal wrench
- Cross wrench
- Shock wrench
- Shock oil
- 2ch 1 servo R/C system for cars
- 540 class motor
- ESC compatible with motor used
- Battery for chassis compatible with ESC used
- Battery charger
- Paint for polycarbonate body
- Batteries for transmitter
- Tools (1.5, 2, 2.5mm hexagonal wrench driver)
This product was added to our catalog on April 27, 2017
Not much else to say.
Amain prices while not the most competitive are ok with discounted shipping and promo code for international buyers when kits are out off stock with other suppliers.
On rainy days it's fun to step down to 2S, use M4 Positron tires front and rear and fit the side light buckets with LEDs when its getting dark.
Snowy conditions are not ideal: whatever tires are used, the treads of the front tires are clogged up rapidly, hence loosing most of their grip...
Drives good out of the box! (dirt track).
Is just fun and a car you want to have!!!!