Kyosho MA-020 AWD Mini-Z Chassis Set w/Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS NBR 2010 #98
This is the Kyosho MA-020 AWD Mini-Z Chassis Set, with an included Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS NBR 2010 #98 Body. The MINI-Z has captured the imagination of micro racing fans around the world. In an effort to improve the performance of the platform, Kyosho has combined the MR-03 VCS front suspension with DWS rear suspension to deliver the next evolution in MINI-Z performance. Add to this the precision control characteristics of the shaft driven AWD drivetrain and the MA-020 chassis sets a new standard in mini size AWD performance.
Compatible with nearly all MINI-Z bodies, the incorporation of the MR-03 front suspension structure minimizes change to the driving characteristics when wide tread setting is used. For example, wheel off set was used for wide tread bodies, but on the 020 chassis this can be achieved by changing the suspension arm and swing shaft, which minimizes excessive change to the scrub radius and dramatically improves cornering performance. One of the key features of the MR-03 chassis is ‘VCS’ (variable camber suspension) that optimizes camber change in concert with suspension stroke for effective grip and traction. The proven rear DWS (double wishbone suspension) is standard and combines with the revitalized front suspension to achieve free and precise control.
The receiver unit is equipped with RA-23T/FET featuring Chase Mode function. Chase Mode can be set so the overtake button can only be used a certain number of times per model (optional I.C.S. USB adapter and computer are required - KYO82080). This allows you to apply a handicapping system by restricting the number of speed bursts each car can use, allowing beginners to compete on a more even footing with experienced drivers. Of course this model also works with the previous ASF 2.4GHz 2-channel transmitter for the MINI-Z Racer. As this set is packaged without transmitter, it is ideal for existing owners of ASF 2.4GHz MINI-Z Racers and makes an economical 2nd or even 3rd addition to your MINI-Z model lineup.
About Chase Mode:
“Chase mode” functions to limit power output to 70% of full throttle. When the moment comes to attack, a push of the 3rd channel button on the transmitter increases power output to 100% for 3-second burst of speed. This enables greater driving control and also adds the excitement of overtaking duels so drivers can enjoy nose to tail racing battles. Also, the number of power boosts can be set to apply a handicapping system to level the playing field for drivers of different experience levels. At the time of shipment, the overtake function is set to a maximum of 5 times per race.
- How to activate the Chase Mode: At the time of shipment, the MR-03 with Chase mode is set with its standard 100% power output setting. The Chase mode is activated simply by pressing and holding down the pairing button.
- How does the Chase mode Handicap System Work? The number of 3-second Chase mode speed bursts of 100% power output that can be used is able to be limited for each race. Depending on the driver’s skill level, the number of Chase mode speed bursts can be set higher or lower, and therefore apply a handicapping system for the race. Drivers of any skill or confidence level can compete effectively and enjoy racing with this handicap system. (Requires optional No.82080/I.C.S. USB adapter and PC to change handicap settings).
- Counting Range: The number of speed bursts in Chase mode is counted from when the chassis power is switched on until it is switched off. Each time the chassis power is switched on, the number of speed bursts enabled is reset allowing the handicap to be applied at the start of each race.
- Number of speed bursts for each Handicap Classes:
- Chase mode Legend: 1 times
- Chase mode Champ: 3 times
- No Handicap: 5 times
- Handicap +1: 6 times
- Handicap +2: 7 times
- Handicap +3: 8 times
- Handicap +4: 9 times
- Handicap +5: 10 times
- Handicap +6: 15 times
- Handicap +MAX: 250 times
- MA-020 chassis has evolved to the next level with revitalised suspension system.
- MINI-Z Racer MR-03 front suspension structure included.
- Rear double wishbone suspension (DWS) installed.
- ASF2.4GHz R/C system removes need to manage frequency bands. **Transmitter sold separately.
- Up to 40 cars can be run at the same time.
- Ultra fast signal processing speed results in almost instantaneous control response.
- Shipped in standard setup. Can be changed to Chase Mode.
- Other setting changes can be adjsuted using the I.C.S. USB adapter (sold separately).
- LED indicator shows power status.
- AWD machine delivers free control of posture for smooth drift control.
- Using the narrowest 65mm chassis design, most MINI-Z 01/015 body styles can be installed.
- Equipped with four ball bearings as standard.
- Zero point specification with factory-set steering neutral delivers superior straight running.
- Control timing of reverse can be adjusted.
- Optional long span rear suspension arm (upper, lower) can be installed.
Tread (F/R): 56.5-63.5mm / 56.5-61mm
Tire (F/R): 25.0 (sold separately)
Gear Ratio: 7.2, 6.4, 6.0, 5.7, 5.3, 5.0, 4.5:1
Weight: 120g (approx.)
Motor: 130-class motor
- Factory assembled chassis with R/C unit installed
- Pre-painted factory assembled plastic body finished with markings
- Pinion gear (15T, 17T, 19T, 21T)
- Spur gear for wheelbases: 27T, 29T, 31T each for M, for L, for LL
- Parts for changing wheelbase
- Parts set for changing tread
- Rear suspension spacers for chassis height adjustment
- Pinion gear tool
- Spare nut
- Wheel wrench
- Pairing stick
- 3-channel transmitter for MINI-Z compatible with ASF 2.4GHz. Kyosho recommends the EX-5UR ASF transmitter (KYO82011) or compatible ASF 3-channel KO transmitter, as well as the Perfex KT-18 transmitter if not using the Chase mode (KYO82001).
- (4) AAA-size alkaline batteries or (4) Ni-MH batteries for chassis.
- Batteries for transmitter
- I.C.S. USB adapter (KYO82080) for using I.C.S. functions and Chase Mode adjustment.
This product was added to our catalog on March 31, 2014.