Hot Bodies 2wd buggy - in a class of it's own.
The HB D216 is a pure bred race machine that could revolutionize 2WD off-road racing with its unique features and extreme durability. Sharing the triangulated shock towers, 12mm Big Bore V2 shocks and other details with the multiple ROAR Champion D413, the D216 is much more than a D413 with the front transmission removed. Featuring a triple slipper clutch, adjustable 2-piece caster blocks, mid-motor 3-gear transmission, combined with multiple servo, wing and battery positions.
The narrow carbon fiber chassis allows both transversal or longitudinal battery positions, and the mid-motor-only design provides nimble handling with maximum steering and rear traction. The carbon fiber battery strap and its orange anodized aluminum brace add additional stiffness to the rear of the chassis. The distinct mid-mounted transmission encloses a 3-gear transmission for the most efficient drivetrain possible, with an externally adjustable, large diameter triple slipper clutch. The high volume gear differential is easy to remove from the transmission case for tuning, and can be replaced with an optional ball diff if needed.
The ESC is mounted to the side of the transmission case which helps eliminate the weight of excessive wiring and allows plenty of air flow to keep the ESC cool. The suspension design is an evolution of the D413, with triangulated shock tower mounts, minimalist carbon fiber shock towers, and aluminum camber link plates being some of the obvious design features of the suspension. The biggest single feature, however, are the 2-piece adjustable caster blocks, which allow you to quickly adapt the car to different driving conditions without needing to install different parts. Another innovation is the hinge boss design that sandwiches the hinge pin box between the two halves of the strong and lightweight monococque suspension arms, to make the car super durable and highly adjustable.
- Mid-motor 2WD fully-featured racing buggy kit
- Woven graphite carbon fiber chassis with carbon fiber side braces
- Centralized low weight distribution
- Superb chassis balance with increased transitional agility
- Fully enclosed 3-gear mid-mounted transmission
- Triple plate externally adjustable large diameter slipper clutch
- Multiple battery mounting positions to adjust weight balance adjustable fore and aft as well as left to right
- Brand new 2-piece adjustable caster blocks to change kingpin angle
- Monococque suspension arms with innovative hinge boss design
- Aluminum camber link plates
- Threaded aluminum 12mm Big Bore V2 coil over shocks
- Extra-rugged triangulated shock tower mounts
- Fully adjustable suspension with sway bars, multiple camber links, track width, ride height
- Multiple servo mounting options to adjust weight balance
- Steel turnbuckles with extra-long rod ends for increased durability
- Extra-large gear differential
- Easy-access differential
- HB universal dogbones
- Aluminum hex wheel adapters
- Completely fitted with ball bearings
- Hook and loop body mounting
- Adjustable wing height
- Parts compatibility with the D413, including shocks, rear hubs, CVDs, wing mounts, arm mounts and more
- Wide array of tuning options include longitudinal battery mounting set, ball differential, long wheelbase chassis, multiple Ackermann arms, rear wings, shock springs, rear shock tower and arm mounts
- D216 Kit
- Clear Body
- White Wheel Set
- Silicone Diff Oil #1000
- Shock Oil #500
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel surface radio system
- 7.4V Shorty or saddle pack type LiPo battery & compatible charger
- 1/10 Electronic speed control & 540 motor
- Pinion gear
- Paint for body
- Tires & tire glue
- Steering servo
- Silicone Shock Oil
- Silicone Differential Fluid
- Tools for Assembly
- Optional lengthwise battery layout shown
The parts are all in separate bags labeled and flow with the instructions, meaning you only need one bag per step in the build process it's easy and painless. The factory esc mounting location would work best with a smaller esc with out a fan otherwise there is plenty of room to relocate the esc onto the chassis. As far as balancing the weight of your buggy this kit allows you to have multiple battery positions. from shorty to saddle,also the battery is held by a support arm/brace, and it's constructed of orange anodized aluminum and carbon fiber looks great and with the extra room for esc and rx you can definitely balance your buggy perfectly. Hot bodies has a very competitive line up from 10th to 8th scale I will be getting the d413 next followed by the d815.......
If you are looking for a quality build this is it.
I can't comment on run time, I'm still getting the motor and electronics together.
Edit: Sold my xray xb2 17 and keeping this. Running Xr10 pro and schuurspeed custom motor. Very tunable platform. You'd be a fool if not picking one up at the current sale price. Even at regular price, one of the baddest out there.
Car is so easy to put together, everything is easy to understand, the shocks are smoother than my Kyosho shocks and the platform works great indoors and outdoors! I'm buying a second one so I can run modified and stock classes together and I'm selling my RB6 and ZX6 because they are so much more expensive and I'm winning with this platform.
Try one for yourselves and start TQ and Winning every main!
I built mine with the exotech aluminum chassis. Using JC dirt webs tires in the front and PL blockades in the back. Not a lot of track time yet to fine tune the setup but pretty happy.
Also since I have several 10th scale buggies I change the 10mm front hex with AE b44.3 12mm hex and glued the hex pin with a dab of shoe goo so it does not fall off during tire changes. This way I am able to switch tires among my 10th scale buggies.
It is a great buggy. You won't regret getting it.
Note: I do not race, I just go to an indoor clay track to run my rc cars, buggies, SCT's, stadium trucks and enjoy the practice.
Has easily become one of my favorites to put on a track having prior experience with the 413 that reflects into the overall drivability and durability of this buggy. And thanks to vast setup options and adjustments this car will be competitive on any track surface!
Don't get fooled by the reduced pricing. The performance out of the box makes it every bit the worth of its original.