The Gmade Komodo GS01 Scale 1.9 Crawler Kit is built off of a steel, nickel plated frame and includes the awesome G-Transition internal spring shocks for unmatched scale detail and crawling prowess. Another feature that sets this truck apart from the crowd is the included scale accessories. Roof rack, snorkel, sand ladders, grille, heavy duty front and rear bumpers, rear view mirrors, windshield wiper grille, light buckets and more are all included as standard accessories to give you the most realistic experience possible.
Other standard features include Gmade MT 1903 super soft compound 1.9 tires and NR02 beadlock wheels that give the traction needed to claw your way to the top of the mountain. An adjustable battery tray allows you to fit a variety of different battery types, and the highly detailed, dust proof receiver box will keep your electronics safe and concealed when the going gets rough. Combine this with aluminum 4-link suspension and steering rods, solid spool type 32 tooth front and rear locked differentials, metal gear covers and one piece graphite axle housings, and you have a recipe for unmatched scale adventure. Add your electronics to this incredible package and you are ready for the rocks!
Komodo GS01 Features:
- G-Transition Aluminum Oil Shocks with Internal Springs
- MT-1903 1.9 Tires & NR02 Beadlock Wheels with Center Hubs
- Full Time 4WD
- One Piece Graphite Axle Housings & Metal Gear Covers
- Solid Spool Locked Differentials
- Dust Proof Transmission
- Metal Motor Mount
- Full Bearings
- Universal Driveshafts
- Komodo Truck Body with Included Scale Accessories
Height: 247mm (with roof rack)
Ground Clearance: 65mm
Weight: 1.9kg (no electronics)
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- 540 Electric Motor & ESC
- High Torque Steering Servo
- 7.2 NiMH - 7.4V LiPo Battery & Compatible Charger
- Paint for body
- Tools for assembly
NOTE: Painted body shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. Included body is clear and requires painting.
This product was added to our catalog on November 24, 2015
Almost forgot the truck does have beadlocks and so far I am not impressed with them. They are on my upgrade list.
3/25/17 Update- after some use the beadlocks are garbage.
8/10/17 Update- After some time with the truck and comparing it to other trail trucks. I would not recommend this truck to anyone. I have broken a lot of cv joints and is a pure money pit. Do yourself a major favor get a Axial,Vaterra,Traxxas,Rc4wd or just about anything else. I honestly can't suggest this truck to anyone.
See how I builded mine in a detailed step by step, with a little sense of humor.
Here is the direct series link:
1. The plastic appears to be quite a bit harder than any other kit or usual RTR I have. Thatís neither good nor bad, thus far.
2. The included screws are all Phillips head.
3. The tires give good purchase, but I have stripped two rims hex drives.
4. I have broken one rear axle shaft. Finding parts for the GMade products is tougher than their competitors.
5. There is no waterproof electronics box, be aware of that.
6. The turning radius of this truck, while perhaps close to 1:1 trucks, just plain sucks!
7. The assembly manual is very good and well thought out. Unfortunately, the parts bags arenít as well organized.
8. Iím split on the shocks. They are much more like their 1:1 cousins in function, and I havenít had any issues with them. But the only tuning you can do with them requires a tear down, for spring or oil changes. No adjustment ollars, and nowhere to add/remove shims. But they do work!
I am fortunate to have several scale/trail vehicles to compare this to. A SCX10.1 Deadbolt, SCX10.2, Everest Gen7 Pro, TRX4 Defender, And a TRX4 Bronco. They all have quirks. Compared to them, I canít recommend this kit. You are going to be equal money on most of them, by the time you outfit the truck with an ESC, motor, spur gear, grease, receiver (And maybe a transmitter), paint, and perhaps paint mask. It just happens to be the last one grabbed for a trail run with the wife and kids. The turning radius is the biggest reason. I likely could find some other axles to morph into the truck, and that likely will happen. But, that wouldnít apply to this review!