Gift Card FAQ
Purchasing Gift Cards
Gift Cards are purchased and processed using www.localgiftcards.com. Gift Cards can still be found on the AMainHobbies.com and AMainCycling.com home pages under "Buy Gift Cards," or by visiting https://amainhobbies.localgiftcards.com or https://amaincycling.localgiftcards.com respectively. Simply select the gift card in the amount you'd like and complete the checkout process utilizing the www.localgiftcards.com system. During checkout, payment will be made using PayPal (PayPal account not required) and can be completed using any major credit card, as well as with your PayPal balance. Once purchased and received, the value of the Gift Card can be used at any physical AMain Sports & Hobbies' retail locations, or it can be added to your online AMainHobbies.com or AMainCycling.com account as store credit.
Gift Card Types:
- Physical Gift Cards - Shipped to Recipients: Physical gift cards are plastic cards that are shipped to the recipients; usually shipped out in 24-48 hours. Each gift card will be activated for the amount requested and mailed to the recipient in a professionally designed card presenter, mailed by the carrier selected at checkout. Purchases received after 12pm Pacific time on Friday will be processed the following Monday.
When can I expect to receive the gift card?:
- Physical Gift Cards: Physical gift cards are usually shipped in 24-48 hours via USPS 1st Class Mail within the United States, and should arrive within 5-6 business days. However, you can select the shipping option of your choice at checkout (purchases received after 12pm Pacific time on Friday will be processed the following Monday).
How can I check the balance of my gift card?:
You can check your Gift Card balance by calling 1-888-303-1175 for information 24 hours a day. You can also check your AMainHobbies.com balance or your AMainCycling.com balance.
Will I be able to use my physical gift card if the magnetic stripe is damaged?:
You can use a gift card with a damaged magnetic strip as long as the numbers on the card are legible and the card's balance can be verified. Transactions can be processed manually by keying in the number on the card.
Can I reload my gift card?:
Yes. Adding value to a gift card is easy with a card recharge. To recharge your AMainHobbies.com card. To recharge your AMainCycling card. You will be prompted for the gift card number when adding the recharge item to your cart.
Where can I use my Gift Card?
Gift Cards are valid for redemption at any AMain Sports & Hobbies' retail location, or online at AMainHobbies.com and AMainCycling.com.
How do I Redeem a Gift Card?
If you receive a Gift Card by mail it will contain a redeemable 16 digit code. Please make note of this code for your records.
- Option 1: Once logged into your account (account required), you can redeem your Gift Card. (If you do not have an online account you can create one.)
- Option 2: During the checkout process, on the same page that you select a payment method, there will be a box to enter your 16 digit Gift Card code. Enter the code here, and click the redeem button. The code will be validated and added as store credit. An extra box will then appear on the right hand side listing the amount of the credit. Checking this box will apply the store credit to your order.
- At a physical retail location:
- Bring your Gift Card (physical or digital) to any AMain Sports & Hobbies' retail store where your 16 digit Gift Card code can be redeemed by the cashier for store credit towards your purchase.
NOTE - Credit Balance: When using Gift Cards in-store, any remaining store credit balance remains on your card. You can use this remaining balance towards future in-store purchases, or you can redeem the remaining balance online for purchases at AMainHobbies.com or AMainCycling.com. Once Gift Cards have been redeemed online and added to your account, store credit becomes invalid in-store and is not reversible.
Using Your Store Credit Online
If you have store credit available in your account, you can use those funds to make purchases. During checkout on the "Payment Information" page, a "Credits Available" box will present any available credits; you have the option to use or not use your credits by checking the box.
Please note: You will still have to select another payment method if there is not enough credit in your account to cover the cost of your purchase. If you have more credit than the total cost of your purchase the balance will be left as store credit for future purchases.
Can I redeem my AMainHobbies.com gift card at AMainCycling.com?
Yes. It does not matter which online store you shop from. Any AMain Sports & Hobbies gift card type can be redeemed at either website, or physical retail location.
Can I use my AMainHobbies.com store credit at AMainCycling.com?
Yes. It does not matter which online store you shop from. Once logged in, any available store credit will be presented at check out.
How do I know if my online account has store credit?
Once logged in, your store credit amount shows when you hover your cursor over "My Account" located at the top right of the page. Store credit will also be presented during the "Payment Information" page of the checkout process under "Credits Available," where you have the option to use or not use your credits towards your purchase.
For assistance with Gift Cards, please contact Smart Transactions: