Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT WP ESC Combo w/Sensored 1410 Motor (3800kV) (5mm Shaft)
This Castle Sidewinder SCT Waterproof Combo includes the Sensored 5mm Shaft 1410 3800Kv Motor and is a great choice for 1/10 scale short course trucks up to 6.5 pounds on 2S, as well as 1/10 buggies and trucks up to 4 pounds on 2 or 3S.
The Sidewinder SCT is Castle’s solution for anyone who needs an unbeatable combination of power and affordability in a special edition controller and motor combo made for Short Course Truck racing. While the sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Sidewinder SCT, users will benefit as the sensored motor is rebuildable, and this design even allows modelers to replace damaged motor wires. The Sidewinder SCT Combo will give you great response and performance right of the box!
The ESC (electronic speed control) offers power to spare at 2-3S LiPo, and a waterproof case that can perform in just about any environment.
- Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.Although Sidewinder SCT and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, they are not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Sidewinder SCT. If you require sensored operation you will need a sensored ESC like the Mamba X. The Mamba X paired with the same motor can be found here.
- Input Voltage Range: 2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 9 cell NiMH (2s only for Short Course Trucks)
- BEC Specifications: 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps.
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped, fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size: 1.93x1.48x0.79" (49x38x20mm)
- Weight (w/wires): 1.96 oz. (55.5 g)
- Connectors: 4mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required; Castle 4mm polarized connectors, Dean's Ultra Plug, or Traxxas Power Connector recommended.
- Application Guidelines: Intended for short course trucks running on 2s LiPo and weighing up to 6.5 lbs. It is a torque animal for lighter 1/10th scale 2WD stadium trucks and buggies running up to a 3s LiPo.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Up to 6.5lbs. on 2s
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: No
- Input Voltage Range: 2-3S LiPo
- Kv: 3800
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Size: Length: 52.7mm
- Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 237g / 8.4oz
- Shaft Size: Length: 15.5mm
- Diameter: 5mm
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale 2WD and 4WD SCT up to 6.5lb (2S) as well as 1:10 scale buggies and stadium trucks up to 4lbs (2S-3S)
- Recommended ESC(s): Combo includes Sidewinder SCT
- Sidewinder SCT Edition ESC
- Castle 1410 1Y 3800 Kv sensored** motor (with 5mm shaft)
This product is expected to arrive on Monday, June 25 2018.
With that said, I do have a couple complaints:
The motor does get slightly hotter than some of the other motors I have run in the truck.
It fades just a little bit when I do 8 minutes at the outdoor track.
The shaft is a bit shorter compared to other motors. If your car needs a big motor shaft, I would look into the length of the shaft.
The ESC On/off switch is a bit funky in design. They should change it to mount flat like the hobbwing ones.)