The Castle Creations Mamba XL X 1/5 ESC/Motor Combo is a 1/5 scale controller capable of 3S - 8S LiPo input, with a 20 amp peak BEC. This combo has been paired with the Castle 2028 800kv SENSORED brushless motor (sensorless operation required with this ESC), making this is a great upgrade for 1:5 scale RC hobby vehicles (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD.
- 3S-8S LiPo
- For use in vehicles up 30lbs (2WD) and 25lbs (4WD)- with battery, ready-to-run.
- 20AMP peak BEC, user adjustable from 5V to 8.4V
- Data Logging can be downloaded via the Castle Link USB programmer; you can use the Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) to allow you to access both wires into a single Castle Link connection. You can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
- Auxiliary Wire Functionality allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as torque control and max throttle, while driving, right from your transmitter. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter.
- Additional capacitors to protect against ripple current
- Audible alerts for error conditions
- Smooth sensorless startups with an ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode.
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (coupon included in package) , Field Link Card (sold separately) or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter(sold separately)
- Telemetry Link compatible for Futaba® S.BUS2 (sold separately). Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages.
- Powerful motor cooling fan included
Product Use Statements:
- Recommended battery capacity for 1:5th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. Castle recommends using 50C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries.
- Castle recommends a high current battery connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 100+ amps, such as Castle CC Bullet 6.5mm, CC Bullet 8.0mm, or 6.5mm Polarized Castle Connectors.
- Applying voltages higher than 33.6V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- Mamba XL X is not intended for human or animal propulsion.
- You must connect the AUX wire to an open channel on your receiver even if you are not using the Auxiliary function.
- You must remove the AUX wire from the radio before connecting ESC to Castle Link.
- Input Voltage Range:
- MIN: 3S LiPo
- MAX: 8S LiPo
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable from 5V to 8.5V (20A peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Not intended for use in wet conditions, ESC is not waterproof
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: No
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped 40mm.
- Length: 4.81" (122.23mm)
- Width: 2.06" (52.38mm)
- Height: 2.75" (69.85mm)
- Weight (without wires): 10.4 oz. (294.84g)
- Connectors: 8.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Application Guidelines: 1:5th scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 30lbs.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 30 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run for 2WD and 25 lbs for 4WD.
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Input Voltage Range: 12S max
- Kv: 800
- Max. RPM: 45,000
- Motor Size:
- Length: 4.4" (113.2mm)
- Diameter: 2.2" (57mm)
- Shaft Size:
- Length: 30mm
- Diameter: 8mm
- Weight (w/wires): 44 oz.
- Mounting Hole Specifications: 30mm
- Cooling Fan: Yes, included in combo.
- Connectors: 8.0mm male bullets.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 4WD vehicles weighing less than 25lbs. 2WD vehicles weighing less than 30lbs.
- Running modes: Sensorless and Sensored
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant; water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
- Mamba XLX ESC
- Castle 2028-800Kv Sensored Brushless Motor
- Motor Cooling Fan
- User Guide and Quick Start Guide
- Castle Link Coupon
- Castle decals
Needed to Complete:
- High current battery connectors designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 100+ amps.
This product was added to our catalog on February 7, 2020