The Castle Creations Copperhead 10 Waterproof 1/10 Scale Sensored Brushless ESC provides 1/10 scale enthusiasts of all disciplines with a powerful and performance driven ESC that is packed with features. The Copperhead 10 is an affordable option that sits directly in the middle of the Sidewinder 4 entry-level upgrade ESC and the extreme performance MAMBA X option. The Copperhead 10 utilizes CRYO-DRIVE technology, sensored motor support and data logging to deliver Castle’s signature performance and reliability. Whether crawling the rocks, bashing in the backyard or ripping up the local skatepark, Copperhead 10’s versatility will appeal to a wide variety of 1/10 scale enthusiasts.
NOTE: Not compatible with Castle Field Link program card (CSE010-0063-00).
- CRYO-DRIVE™: CRYO-DRIVE™ technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER in a COPPERHEAD 10 setup.
- DATA LOGGING LITE: Battery Voltage, Battery Ripple, Controller Temperature, Motor RPM and Motor Temperature data points can be captured, downloaded and analyzed via Castle Link software. While not a full version of Data Logging capabilities that the MAMBA X EXTREME 1:10 SCALE ESC has, these critical parameters are excellent sources of information for maximizing performance and battery life of the COPPERHEAD 10.
- SMARTSENSE™ TECHNOLOGY: SMARTSENSE uses the motor’s sensors at startup to provide cog-free starts, excellent torque and low speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, the ESC seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode with electronic timing to advance timing automatically for peak performance in all driving conditions. (Requires use of Castle brushless motor to utilize)
- INTERNAL BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit): COPPERHEAD 10 features a selectable 5.5V or 7.5V (6A peak) internal BEC to supply power to many of today’s high-torque servos, without requiring the use of an external BEC.
- DUAL USE FAN GUARD: For crawler setups or others that do not require an ESC cooling fan, the fan is easily removed with four screws and the fan guard with the cool COPPERHEAD logo simply clicks back into place on the top of the ESC. It keeps the COPPERHEAD 10 looking mean and provides an extra measure of protection.
- APPLICATION SPECIFIC MOTOR COMBOS: Available with a dozen different 4-POLE 12-SLOT sensored motor options to eliminate the guesswork in finding the right brushless power upgrade for your basher, crawler, on road vehicle, short course or monster truck (Motor not included).
- WARRANTY: The COPPERHEAD10 is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas USA and backed by the Castle Creations one-year warranty.
FULLY PROGRAMMABLE: Complete Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Link included) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows™ software, or wirelessly with the Castle Link iOS® or Android® app with B-LINK™ Bluetooth™ Adapter (B-Link not included).transmitters.
TELEMETRY LINK CAPABLE: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX
Applications: Designed for 2S-4S use in 1/10 scale models
- Compatible Brushless or Brushed motor
- Battery Connector - Castle 4mm polarized connectors, XT60, Dean's Ultra Plug, or Traxxas Power Connector recommended.
- Although COPPERHEAD 10 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt.
- Remove cooling fan prior to driving in wet conditions, it is not waterproof.
This product was added to our catalog on April 29, 2021
1) it’s not a cut-out for current reasons, because it always happens with zero throttle... I return to the zero-point and then no throttle at all (but the steering is ok, so the internal BEC is ok);
2) it’s not a brown-out due to BEC overload, as I tested different servos… and anyway it happens also with no use of the servo;
3) last but not least, I tried to update from 2.13 to 2.16 firmware (CC support said that new firmware resolves this issue), and the problem remains exactly the same.
Moreover, CC support is evasive and not convincing... I also own Mamba X and Sidewinder 4 with no issue at all, but this Copperhead 10 seems to have some big problems!
Brought my Slash 2WD to life
i would buy more