The high-speed passenger train that revolutionized rail travel comes to layouts everywhere courtesy of Bachmann Industries. As an official Amtrak licensee of the Acela Express® train, Bachmann's Spectrum Acela Express® features the latest in technology and tool making, and its powerful locomotive can reach scale speeds of 150 mph or more. The Acela Express® set comes complete with dual locomotives (one powered, one non-powered), a first class passenger car, business class passenger car and Cafe Acela® car. Also included are a 22 in radius, 81 x 45 in nickel silver E-Z Track® oval, power pack and speed controller and DVD with assembly instructions.
- DCC-equipped for speed, direction and lighting
- Interior selector switch for choice between rail and pantograph operation
- Die-cast gear towers and chassis
- Precision motor
- Working directional headlights, ditch lights, and markers
- Operating doors
- Tilting chassis to travel smoothly around curves at high speeds
- Flush windows
- Lighted interiors
- Blackened RP25 wheels
- Photo-etched, blackened brass inserts on air ducts
- Finescale interior detail, including passenger seats and tables
This product is expected to arrive on Monday, January 7 2019.