This is the Axial Wraith "Spawn" Ready to Run 4WD Electric Rock Crawler. If you are looking for a trail rig that is packed with performance features, the Axial Wraith Spawn is perfect. This full bodied version Wraith is built to go FAST, while retaining many of the components that made the Wraith a favorite among hardcore crawlers and scale enthusiasts. The virtually bulletproof AR60 OCP axles can take all the punishment you can throw at them, whether blasting through the wide open desert or hammering through the toughest rock trails. The Ripsaw 2.2 tires are wrapped around Method IFD beadlock wheels, providing a set of shoes that will hook up in the dirt, as well as claw their way up the rocks. Whether you are rock racing or just backyard bashing, the Wraith Spawn is ready to take you there.
For this project, Axial wanted to create a body that had a classic feel with modern styling, similar to the retro designs that are seen in the modern auto industry. To implement this idea, Axial's Design and Marketing teams brainstormed and discussed some of their favorite trucks and SUVs from the late-70s and early-80s. Taking those vehicles into consideration, the Design team then studied the iconic styling cues of these vehicles and began sketching ideas. As a result, they developed those ideas and created a unique retro styled Axial SUV body - the Spawn.
- FULL TUBE FRAME COMPOSITE CHASSIS: The Wraith™ Spawn 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD Rock Racer features a realistic full tube-frame chassis design that is manufactured with high strength composite materials.
- REALISTIC SCALE DETAILS: The Wraith™ Spawn includes a realistic driver figure complete with a race suit and three interchangeable helmets. A motocross, open skull-face or motorsport version of the helmet are included.
- 2.2 RIPSAW TIRES™: The Axial 2.2 Ripsaw™ tire offers both a realistic and aggressive tread design for the ultimate scale appearance and performance.
- METHOD IFD™ BEADLOCK WHEELS: Officially licensed Method 12 spoke beadlock wheels dressed in an aggressive all black style are easy to assemble and they work with most 2.2 tires. The hub design allows this wheel to mount to any Wraith, AX10 Ridgecrest or SCX10. The IFD™ (Interchangeable Face Design) wheel system makes it easy to dress it up with a different look.
- Three piece beadlock design
- Utilizes 2x11mm pins for added strength
- Updated plastic hub adapter to eliminate slop and capture the new 2x11mm pin
- Adjustable breather holes for fine tuning tire performance
- Compatible with most 2.2 tires
- Easy six screw disassembly
- WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS: The WB8 HD front and rear driveshafts features an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube.
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes.
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint.
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability and easy maintenance.
- RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF: The waterproof receiver box utilizes three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover.
- DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: The dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- AR60 OCP-AXLE™ (OFF-CENTER PUMPKIN DESIGN): True 4-wheel drive locked differentials are included for improved traction and an offset pumpkin provides more ground clearance and a better driveshaft angle. Additionally, the rear axle has been shaved of any unnecessary items and steering linkage has been removed for as much ground clearance as possible. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ tubes are reinforced and beefed up with a boxed-in axle truss to distribute stress over a larger area. A locked differential provides the most positive wheel traction in all off-road environments and conditions and requires less maintenance over oil-filled or silicone based differentials. These are easily serviced by removing four screws.
- 4-LINK SUSPENSION: The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and to have the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- TUNED, OIL FILLED SHOCKS: Finding the right spring rate can be tough. Axial made it easy for you by including springs with the right balance of high speed and harsh terrain handling.
- 20T MOTOR: Tear up the terrain, be it flat out desert, rocky roads or crawling! Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, no loud exhaust noise. Just plug'n'go! Design allows use of optional 550 size motors as well.
- AE-5 ESC, WATERPROOF: The Axial AE-5 ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
- Waterproof design with waterproof On/Off switch / standard plug / laser etched heat sink.
- 3-CHANNEL 2.4GHz RECEIVER: The AR-3 2.4 GHz receiver uses no crystals so you'll experience worry free driving with no frequency conflicts.
- 2.4GHz RADIO FOR WORRY-FREE DRIVING: The AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel, pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers.
- WATER RESISTANT, METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO: The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
- PROTECTIVE TRANSMISSION COVER: Helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drive train.
Length: 19.25” (490mm)
Width: 11.2” (285mm)
Height: 9.1” (232mm)
Wheelbase: 14” (355mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.8” (72mm)
Weight: 5.45lbs (2.47kg)
Motor: 20T motor
Radio: AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter
Servos: Tactic TSX45, 151 oz-in
ESC: AE-5 ESC w/ drag brake - 3S LiPo capable (waterproof)
Needed To Complete:
- 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH or 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
NOTE: The Wraith™ Spawn includes a number of features that are either waterproof or water resistant. Do not run your product in water or snow or submerge it in water without fully waterproof gear.
This product was added to our catalog on December 22, 2014