Axial SCX6 Jeep Wrangler - Large Scale Crawling Adventure!
The Axial SCX6 Jeep JLU Wrangler is a 1/6 scale, ready to run BIG rig that tips the scales at over 25 pounds! Jeep fans, crawlers and large scale enthusiasts now have another option for adventure. The amount of realistic detail and high-performance functionality in 1/6 scale size can only found here.
The 1/6 scale size allows incredible detail, and still fits conveniently into the trunk of your car. Rock gardens and hiking trails provide plenty of challenges to conquer as you navigate, and the Jeep JLU Wrangler accurately recreates the look of the full-size model. Even the most discriminating Jeep enthusiasts will appreciate the accuracy of the details found throughout. When the sun goes down, included LED headlights and taillights add even more realism. Huge 7" tall BFGoodrich KM3 tires provide excellent grip and ground clearance in off-road terrain. They're mounted on licensed injection-molded Black Rhino Primm 3-piece beadlock wheels, making it easy to swap tires without glue.
- The first ever Axial® 1/6 scale chassis design based on the proven SCX10™ III
- Includes AR90 "Standard" axles with a Heavy-Duty Spool
- Metal gear transmission comes configured for two speeds with high and low gears
- Durable three-link front and four-link rear suspension setup provides optimal handling
- Replica V8 engine cover adds to the realistic appearance
- Spektrum™ DX3™ 2.4GHz DSMR® radio provides superior range, response, and interference resistance and is compatible with Smart technology
- Spektrum™ Firma™ Crawler 120A ESC feeds telemetry data to the DX3™ transmitter in real time
- Includes a powerful Spektrum™ S905 Large Scale Metal Gear steering servo (also accepts larger 1/5 scale servos with the included adapter)
- Detailed Jeep® JLU Wrangler body with LED headlights and taillights provides exceptional scale looks
- High-traction, 7" tall BFGoodrich® KM3 tires are mounted on Black Rhino Primm 3-piece beadlock wheels
- Battery trays adjust to fit a wide range of battery sizes
- 2-Year limited warranty (see product manual for details)
- (1) Axial® SCX6™ Jeep® JLU Wrangler 1/6 Scale 4WD RTR
- (1) Spektrum™ DX3™ Smart Transmitter with Thumb Steer
- (1) Spektrum™ 5-Channel DSMR® Sport Receiver
- (1) Spektrum™ 1/6 40kg Waterproof Digital Servo
- (1) Spektrum™ 15kg Servo for 2-speed Shifting
- (1) Spektrum™ Firma™ Crawler 120A Sensored Brushless Smart ESC
- (1) Spektrum™ Firma™ 1200Kv Sensored Brushless Motor
- (1) Servo Adapter for Large Scale Servos
- (1) 2S-3S Standard or “Shorty” LiPo Battery
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on October 30, 2021
The SCX 6 is big and detailed. It works very well and is more capable than I imagined. In terms of rocks, mud, and sand it is as unstoppable with exception to high centering. I also put it in high gear and drove it for close to 20 minutes on a short course track. Nothing broke or overheated and this was on 4s.
In terms of mud or sand, the stock steering servo is adequate. On rocks and on declines, the stock servo barely cuts it. Hence the 4 stars. I did install a Reefs 2000oz servo to run on 4s a week later. The servo upgrade works superbly and there’s no situation the wheels won’t turn lock to lock.
I’ve had no mechanical or electrical failures this far; I don’t abuse it, but I’m also into pushing the limits of it. Well worth the high price tag, plan on another $500 for the servo if you are a crawling enthusiast.
It does need a better steering servo and I’m also sure that the weight of the rig will eventually bring more defects to light, but I whole heartedly recommend this beast!
I just tested it on my backyard on grass and first charged batteries first run and main gear stripped out. Car still making the noise but not going forward or reverse. Expect me tomorrow returning this asking for full credit