Axial Racing SCX10 "Deadbolt" RTR 4WD Electric Rock Crawler w/2.4GHz Radio
Axial's Deadbolt SCX10 is built off of the proven SCX10 platform. By combining the Deadbolt body from the AX10 with the scale SCX10 chassis, Axial has created a rig with an aggressive, yet scale appearance that looks even better when you get it dirty! The Deadbolt features a realistic driver figure, and officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires with Walker Evans Racing wheels for an incredibly scale appearance and off the charts performance. If you are driven by adventure, let the Deadbolt get you there.
- Dove-Tail Cage: The universal dove-tailed bolt-in cage is made to fit rig bodies modified for maximum clearance. This cage also works with the AXI04038 Jeep® Wrangler Rock Racer Body.
- Durable High Performance Axles: Everything from the axle strength, pinion angle, caster, and ground clearance were taken into consideration when designing these axles. The result is superior axle that will stand-up to severe punishment. To ensure added longevity, a high-tolerance sintered diff locker is included along with hardened steel axle shafts.
- WB8 HD Wildboar™ Driveshafts: The WB8 HD Wildboar™ Driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) and an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- Dual Slipper Clutch: The dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- Transmission: The transmission was designed to place the weight of the motor as low as possible to maintain a low CG (Center of Gravity). The ultra compact transmission doesn't compromise performance because it also allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted from 15:1 all the way up to 74:1 using different pinion/spur gear choices which allow for super high speed or to competition level crawling speed.
- 27T Motor: The Axial 27T motor supplies plenty of power for high speed trail runs or powering over obstacles. Tear up the terrain indoor or outdoors. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, no loud exhaust noise. Just plug n' go!
- Metal Frame C-Channel Chassis: The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity. Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allow you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain.
- 5 Bucket Light Bar Set: The light bar’s tubular design give’s your vehicle cool scale looks and each light bucket can be outfitted with an LED light to help guide the way on those late night runs (NOTE: LED lights sold separately). The set also includes three different mesh grilles for your lights: plain, Axial and officially licensed PIAA® grille covers. NOTE: LED lights not included - optional Axial LED light systems AXI24251 Axial NVS - Night Visions System, AXI24257 Simple LED Controller.
- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Bumper: Officially Licensed Poison Spyder Rock Brawler front bumper adds realism and functionality. The bumper features functional D-Rings for realistic recoveries, mounting holes for LED lights and an excellent approach angle to tackle extreme terrain. (NOTE: D-Rings included but not installed)
- Adjustable Coil Over Shocks:
- Adjustable threaded shock body with single coil over spring.
- Oil Filled Shocks allow you to tune dampening rate.
- Realistic looking coil over shock reservoir.
- Shock hoops on the SCX10™ frame allow for multiple shock positions for tunable performance.
- 4-Link Rear Suspension: 4-Link rear suspension is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- Walker Evans Racing Wheels: Officially licensed Walker Evans Racing wheels are molded from a blend of high quality nylon materials for strength and durability with a solid 12mm hex mount and dressed in black for an aggressive look.
- Maxxis Trepador Tires: Officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires molded in R35 sticky compound have been included to deliver superior grip. These are taller than the Ripsaw 1.9 tires which gives you more ground clearance, bump absorption and trail ruggedness for smooth, stable performance on your favorite trails. Tire dimensions: 4.6" tall, 1.43" wide
- 2.4GHz for Worry Free Driving: The AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel, pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers. The battery indicator light also lets you know when your transmitter batteries run low.
- AE-5 ESC with Drag Brake: The Axial AE-5 ESC is waterproof, 3S LiPo capable and easily switched “in the field” between LiPO and NiMh battery types. A jumper eliminates complex procedures.
- Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
- Jumper 2 switches drag brake settings.
- Tactic TSX45 Metal Gear Servo: The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
- Protective Radio Box: The sealed radio box keeps your receiver safe from the elements.
- Scale Details: In addition to the licensed wheels and tires, the SCX10 Deadbolt features realistic scale details like a driver figure with helmet, interior details and a body design with retro inspired lines.
Wheelbase: 12" (305mm)
Length: 18.1" (460mm)
Width: 8.8" (225mm)
Height: 9" (229mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.7" (68mm)
Weight: 4.65lbs (2.1kg)
Needed To Complete:
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- 2-3S LiPo Battery or 5-9 Cell NiMH Battery w/Tamiya Plug
- Compatible Battery Charger
This product was added to our catalog on July 10, 2014.
Tuesday, Oct 10 2017 (6 weeks ago)
Axial Racing SCX10 "Deadbolt" RTR 4WD Electric Rock Crawler
Out of the box it's pretty capable, but for about $50 in aftermarket parts this is a great truck. The front steering linkage is useless. It bends under any pressure so you can't steer if your front wheel gets hung up. ($15 fix). The more metal the better and after a couple hundred bucks in aftermarket parts it can be a comp crawler and hang with anything in its class. It has more aftermarket support than any other crawler by far. It all depends on your wallet and your imagination.)