Ares RC Z-line Crossfire RFR Quadcopter FPV Racing Drone w/Camera, Antennas & Battery
This is the Ares Crossfire Racer RFR (Ready-for-Receiver) Quadcopter Drone with an included 720p camera, 5.8GHz video transmitter, cloverleaf antenna and 3S 2200mAh LiPo Battery. The Ares Z-line Crossfire arrives fully assembled and includes almost everything you need to get up and running. Just add your own standard-size or satellite receiver and you’ll be heading out to race in no time.
The Ares Z-line Crossfire is a high-performance quad that’s perfect for getting started in 250 class FPV racing. Designed and tuned with a competitive edge the Crossfire features a 32bit flight controller that’s not only preloaded with the latest Cleanflight software, but can be custom programmed with multiple flight modes, including Acro (3-axis) and Self-leveling (6-axis). Powerful and efficient brushless race motors complemented by 12 amp ESCs (with ONE-SHOT enabled software) provide the Crossfire’s speed, whilst the unique low-profile design and streamlined body combine to offer improved aerodynamics and protection from the elements.
Strength and light weight are crucial factors in the design of a racing quad, which is why we’ve chosen to use 3k twill weave matte carbon fiber in the construction. The video system is similarly well appointed, indeed the Crossfire comes with a pre-installed ultra-micro, 200mW or 25mW, 40-channel, 5-band VTX (video transmitter) and a 720p high-resolution camera (640x480) with a 120 degree field-of-view. The VTX is compatible with your favorite goggles or a quality 5.8GHz video receiver / monitor, such as those in the newly released Ares Z-line range.
- Light 'em Up!: Bright red LED tail lights help your competitors know who's in front of them on the course and aid visibility.
- Powerful: Powerful and efficient 2204 BL race motors with 2300KV provide the Crossfire's speed and are complemented by 12amp ESCs with ONE-SHOT enabled software.
- Great FPV: A pre-installed ultra-micro, 200mW or 25mW, 40-channel, 5-band VTX (video transmitter) and a 720p high-resolution camera provide a crisp FPV experience.
- RFR (Ready-for-Receiver): The Crossfire Racer arrives fully assembled out of the box and includes pretty much all the components you need to race – even a 3S 2200mAh battery that's easily removed without taking off the canopy.
- Arrives RFR (Ready for Receiver) with no assembly needed
- Compact, low profile lightweight design
- Solid lightweight construction - 1.5mm thick matte carbon-fiber frame with custom injected plastic and aluminum fittings
- Includes 32 bit processing flight controller with the latest CleanFlight software pre-loaded
- Multiple flight mode capability
- Includes high-performance powerful 2204-2300kV brushless motors
- 4x 12A pre-installed superfast ESCs, pre-flashed with the latest BL Heli software for great stability
- Self-tightening CW & CCW prop nuts
- Fixed tilted camera mount for optimum visibility in fast forward flight
- Pre-installed LED tail lights
Weight: 560g with battery - 390g without battery
ESC: 12amp continuous, 15amp peak, ONE-SHOT enabled (4 units)
Camera: Semi wide-angle lens
Video Tx: 200mW, 40-channel on 5-bands
Video Antenna: Protected cloverleaf circular polarized
Flight Times: 5 to 7 minutes average
Props: 6" x 4.5" (CW & CCW)
Battery: 3S 2200mAh 25C
- Crossfire RFR Racing Quad
- (4) Superfast ESCs
- (4) 2204-2300kV brushless motors
- 720p high-res camera (640 x 480)
- 3S 2200mAh 25C LiPo battery
- Ultra-micro 200mA or 25mW, 40-channel 5-band 5.8GHz video transmitter
- Protected cloverleaf circular polarized antenna
Needed To Complete:
- 4+ Channel Transmitter & Receiver
- Compatible battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on August 26, 2016.
Things to remember with this that deviate from the included manual:
1. Update the firmware for the flight controller with the newest Naze32 firmware. (via cleanflight)
2. Use the LuxFLoat PID controller instead of the one spec'd in the manual.
3. Program the rest according to the manual, and fly! - although haven't figured out voltage cut-off settings yet)