Ares RC V-Hawk X4 RTF Vertical Take Off (VTOL) Airplane/Drone
The Ares V-Hawk X4 is designed for pilots who are looking for a unique flying experience — the ability to take off vertically like a helicopter or quadcopter and transition to flying like an airplane. This flying transition is made easy with the use of a pre-installed, innovative flight control board and pre-assembled rotating motor nacelles. With just the flip of a channel switch on your transmitter the motor nacelles rotate. As they do, the flight controller automatically changes the programming from flying like a quad to flying like an airplane with elevon controls. Simply flip the switch back to return to quad-flying mode.
The V-Hawk X4 is available in two versions that incorporate the reliable Hitec Red 2.4GHz radio protocol that's compatible with most Hitec systems already on the market. Choose either Ready-To-Fly (including a Hitec Red-enabled transmitter and receiver) or Pair-To-Fly (packaged with a Hitec Red receiver that’s compatible with your existing Hitec transmitter). In addition to the RTF and PTF versions, the V-Hawk is also available in RFR (Ready-For-Receiver) form for customers who already have their own radio system.
The V-Hawk X4’s durable EPO airframe comes nearly 100% pre-assembled and includes all four BL motors, four BL ESCs, a control board with stabilization, two 9g servos, one 17g MG servo, and even a 1300mAh 4S Li-Po battery (4S charger not included). The only assembly you’ll have to complete is gluing on the tail, and even the glue is included! So, if you’re ready to take on the adventure of an airplane capable of performing vertical take-offs and landings (VTOL), and short take-offs and landings (STOL), the Ares Z-Line V-Hawk X4 is the airplane for you.
No Runway Needed
The Ares Z-Line V-Hawk X4 takes off vertically — just like a helicopter or quadcopter — then, at the flick of a switch, the nacelles automatically rotate and the V-Hawk transitions to forward flight, performing like a conventional airplane.
The V-Hawk’s sophisticated flight control board takes care of the transition from hover to forward flight by switching the controls from quad to elevon mix, and vice versa when the time comes to land.
Hitec Red technology is trusted by pilots worldwide to provide a supremely reliable and responsive radio link. Incorporating AFHSS (Adaptive Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) technology, it’s perfect for aircraft ranging from micro quadcopters to giant warbirds. Look for any models with Hitec Red technology and just pair to fly with total confidence. All Hitec 2.4GHz aircraft radios use Hitec Red technology. Pair to fly with total confidence.
To suit your needs, three convenient versions of the V-Hawk are available, two of which incorporate Hitec Red protocol: choose either Ready To Fly (including a Hitec Red-enabled transmitter and receiver), Pair To Fly (supplied with a Hitec Red receiver — compatible with your existing Hitec transmitter), or Ready For Receiver that gives you the freedom to fit our own Tx and Rx combo.
- Rotating Motor Nacelles: With just the flip of a switch on your transmitter the motor nacelles gently rotate to transition your V-Hawk into, and out of, the hover. As they do the flight controller automatically changes the flight mode from a stabilized quad set-up to fixed-wing elevon control. Rotating motor nacelles allow you to fly from the smallest of spaces.
- Tough and Practical: The fuss-free plug-in tricycle undercarriage facilitates storage, can be removed without tools, and is built to absorb the odd heavy landing!
- In Full Control: Capable 9g elevon servos and a beefy 17g metal gear rotor tilt servo offer assured control and keep the V-Hawk locked-in through all phases of flight.
- Factory Assembled: With the exception of adding the tail fin, the V-Hawk comes factory assembled and pre-painted in an eye-catching US Marines-style colour scheme.
- Brushless Power: Four 2730kV brushless motors, four 12A brushless ESCs and a 1300mAh 4S LiPo offer a truly powerful and reliable combination.
- Unique and Captivating: Perfect for experienced pilots the V-Hawk provides an ideal opportunity to fly an aircraft that not only presents a challenge but a unique and captivating sight in the air.
- Arrives painted and trimmed in eye-catching US Marines scheme.
- Innovative flight control board allows the V-Hawk to take off vertically, fly like a gyro stabilized quad, then transition to forward flight and revert to elevon control.
- Almost 98% built, right out of the box - just add the tail fin (glue included).
- A potentially superb FPV platform.
Wingspan: 27.5" (696mm)
Wing Area: 241 sq. in.
Length: 33" (838mm)
All-up weight: 31oz (880g)
Battery: 4s (14.8V) 1300mAh LiPo
Servos: 2 x 9g and 1 x 17g metal gear
Motors: 4 x 2730 kV brushless
Propellers: 8" diameter (2 x clockwise, 2 x counterclockwise)
ESCs: 4 x 12A brushless
- (1) Factory assembled V-Hawk X4 airframe (less fin)
- (1) IKONNIK KA-6 6-channel 2.4GHz Hitec Red transmitter
- (1) KA-6 6-channel Hitec Red receiver (RTF and PTF version only)
- (1) 1300mAh 4S (14.8V) Li-Po battery
- (1) Fin molding
- (2) propeller set (including dome spinner nuts and adapters)
- (1) Plug-in undercarriage and wheel set
- (1) Tube of foam-friendly adhesive
- (1) Quick-Start Guide
This product was added to our catalog on May 13, 2016.
I have two recent videos on youtube. Here is the video from the ground.
And here is FPV footage.
Let me know if you want someone to fix these, I do have the right person for it.
Good Plane but parts are still to expensive for it .
Mine flys great now with just a few minor tweaks to it.
I am a Verified Buyer also)