The YS96 SRX Tareq engine has been a collaboration between YS Engines of Japan, and Tareq Alsaadi. Looking to further improve on the impressive performance of the YS 91 SRX, YS and Tareq spent many hours of R&D to bring the 96 to the table. With the co-op, YS has landed with the highest power 90 sized engine to date.
- Larger Cylinder Head for Improved Cooling
- Improved Porting of Sleeve
- Counterbalanced Crankshaft for Excellent Balance at all RPM's
- Proven pressurized regulator and fuel injection system for a superior throttle response
- Steel lined back plate to reduce drag for more power
Type: 2-stroke helicopter engine
Displacement: 0.96 cu. in. (15.75 cc)
Bore: 1.06 in (27.0mm)
Stroke: 1.08 in (27.5mm)
Total Weight: 19.5 oz (565 g)
RPM Range: 2,000–17,000
This product was added to our catalog on April 18, 2016
I ran a gallon through nice and rich to be safe (2.5 turns out from closed), and then leaned a few clicks after that to a slightly leaner tune to get temps up a touch. After several heat cycles, I was ready to rock. This thing is a power house, and I’ve had zero issues starting or otherwise. Tuning is pretty involved, so if you don’t know what you’re doing get someone that does to help out.
Don’t nuke your engine by leaning it out too much. If you do, please don’t blame the engine.