Tekin RX8 GEN2 1/8 Competition Brushless ESC
This is the Tekin RX8 GEN2 1/8 Scale Competition Brushless Electronic Speed Control. The RX8 GEN2 brings updated features and next level performance to the popular RX8 series speed control. Designed using today's state of the art micro components, the GEN2 delivers advanced tuning options for the hardcore racer. Whether you are into large scale or short course, the RX8 GEN2 has what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability.
Packed with features, the RX8 GEN2 delivers a programmable high-voltage BEC, an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Datalogging capabilities in a small sized package. Couple the RX8 GEN2 with a T8 Competition Brushless Motor for the ultimate 1/8th scale electric racing combo. Pair the RX8 GEN2 with a Pro4 or Pro4HD in a 4WD Short Course Truck, or with a Pro2 in a 2WD Short Course Truck for the most dominant power system on the track! The RX8 GEN2 has everything you need to tip the balance of power in your favor.
- Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
- Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
- Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
- Datalogging Capability
- High Voltage Programmable BEC
- EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
- HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
- D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
- On-Board Temperature Indicator
- Removable/Replaceable Cooling Fan
- HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
- Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
- Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
- Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
- Pit Tune Mode
- DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
- QuickTune Programming
- One-Touch Radio Calibration
- High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
- Drag Brake (13 steps)
- Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
- Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
- Neutral Width (13 steps)
- Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
- Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
- Custom Throttle Curves
- Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
- Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, Custom)
- Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files*
- Save, Load and Share Data Log files*
- Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface
Input Voltage: 2S-6S LiPo
BEC: 6.0V / 7.4V 7 Amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd Only Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd/Rev Mode: No Limit
Max Current: 220 Amps per phase
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Brushless Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Dimensions: 1.5x2.2x1.4in (38x55.8x25.5mm)
Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g
This product was added to our catalog on July 11, 2013.
En el truggy mbx7T Eco, con motor tekin 2250KV la banana de conexión a la batería se calentaba excesivamente hasta que llega a derretir la soldadura de estaño, así dos veces en un mismo día hasta que ya dejó de funcionar, y el motor ni nada estaban forzando o sobrecalentando...
Tengo claro que no compro más Tekin.
I have had 2 of these esc, in the mbx7 eco with motor 2050kv tekin one of the posts where weld the cables peeled off the plate, I tried to repair it and it worked but ended up failing the 2 days of use.
In the truggy mbx7T Eco, with tekin motor 2250KV the battery connection banana was heated excessively until it comes to melt the soldering of tin, so twice in a day until it stopped working, and the engine or nothing were Forcing it to overheat ...
I am clear that I do not buy Tekin anymore.)
1) if you hold you solder gun on ANY of the 5 posts, it can cause them to come lose. They ARE soldered on and heat transfers.
2) Tekno used black rubber O-rings to provide some dampening. In my Associated's stuff, I found Shock O-rings to be better than tape. I don't know why. You must glue to O-rings but they can be removed. Get a Tekno ESC holder for cheap or any plastic piece and glue the O-rings to the bottom side. If you use the Tekno piece, you can drill 3 holes and screw them into the holder. IT WILL SAVE YOUR ESC. Plus it removes weight.
3) For most timing, I would make it "custom" and make the gap bigger. The time is progressive and not instant.
I hope this helps someone because some of this information was learned by trial and error and some by sponsored pro's at a race.)
Product works as descibed and is great with the hotwire. If you think your paying a premium for better technology or sopport over hobbywing your mistaken though. I have RX8 v2 ESC's and 2 Hobbywing 120A SCTE controllers. All capable of the same settings and performance, but I had issues with one RX8 where the power would reset in a rece then finally stopped all together.. Appears a capacitor had fallen off inside the case. THis is not repairable as it is a heat/ surface solder with a plastic insulator. Assuming poor solder i returned the RX8 and has another in 12 days sent to me. the surprise is they charged me $135 and my shipping to them for poor quality control. If I ever have an issue with hobbywing ill report it but hasn't happened yet.)