The REDS Racing 721 S CORSA .21 Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine is a 5 port 3.5cc off-road engine developed for pure competition. The CORSA is much like the previous model, the Scuderia, but with updated steel components to better improve performance.
- Why another line of buggy engines? REDS is always striving to innovate. This means investment into new core technologies. Drawing from the rich experience gained through competing on the world’s best RC tracks with the best drivers in the world, REDS' goal is to deliver quality products that are built with passion. The S line does this.
- What are the tech specs? The 721 S CORSA features high reliability, tuning stability and great fuel mileage. Combined with specific technical changes in the porting and materials, this 5 port engine features higher power and better fuel efficiency compared to any REDS engine released from REDS.
- +10% TORQUE During testing REDS found the 721 S Corsa engine is able to provide 10% more torque, making it suitable for both Buggy and Truggy.
- OVER 9 MIN RUN TIME The 721 S CORSA has proved to guarantee over 9 minutes runtime in recent competitions and tests thanks to the materials and coatings.
- What is different? To make it simple REDS Racing’s updated generation engines will be produced with different materials, from different suppliers and with updated technologies. All assembled in-house.
- Crankcase design: REDS Racing S line features a unique high stiffness crankcase design with unique materials and casting technology. The engine is produced with pressure die casting, this is a very high quality process. Previous generation R line crankcase used gravity casting.
- Carburetor and venturi: Another big improvement is the aluminum carburetor made from pressure die casting. REDS have decided to change carburetor materials from plastic to aluminum to further improve idle stability and tuning. On a technical note, the carburetor is 30° inclined for better fluid dynamics to increase engine power. Finally, the carburetor has an insulator to reduce carburetor temperature and increase idle stability at high temperatures.
- Clamping System: The carburetor retainer allows better blocking of the carburetor without damaging the plastic bush thus guaranteeing better reliability and less maintenance.
- Materials: 721 CORSA features updated materials for piston, sleeve and crankcase in order to optimize thermal expansion and improve power. The idea was to develop a high power engine even more powerful than WRX and WR7 engines with exceptional fuel mileage. REDS has achieved it.
- 5 Port Sleeve: Redesigned high torque 5 port sleeve for improved torque and power output.
- Exhaust: Manifolds and X-One Pipes have been developed specifically for the S line.
Category: 1/8 Buggy and Truggy
Displacement [cm^3]: 3,5
Bore [mm]: 16,24
Stroke [mm]: 16,8
Inlet ports: 5
Outlet ports: 1
Crankshaft: NO DLC Coating
Front ball bearing: Steel
Rear ball bearing: Steel
Carburetor diameter [mm]: 7.0 stock (6.0, 6.5, 7.5 and 8.0 optional)
Carburetor: VCX2-A aluminum (2 needles)
Weight [g]: 345
Fuel consumption: >9:00 min
Engine temperature: 110-130°C (depending on air temperature)
Recommended Glow plug: REDS TS3
Recommended pipe: REDS 2143 + M
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil