What about the voltage?
A 2 Cell LiFe battery produces 6.6 volts nominal, which is almost a full volt less than a 2 Cell Li-Poly battery. The LiFe battery is not meant to replace the performance of a Li-Poly battery, it is simply another option. LiFe offers the user a battery with a good discharge curve that is better than that of a NiMH battery, but without the risk of damage or fire that exists when a Li-Poly battery is abused.
NOTE: Brand new LiFePO4 batteries have been found to fail prematurely if they are deep discharged below 33% capacity too early. A break-in period of 20 cycles is currently recommended. While testing has shown that this battery can be charged at up to 5C rates, it recommended that this battery not be charged at rates higher than 2C to maximize the lifespan of the battery. Additionally, LiFe batteries should not be discharged below 2.5V per cell to avoid pre-mature failure and maximize battery life span.
We also recommend you REMOVE the batteries from your model, or at least unplug them to avoid accidental over discharge if the unit is left on.
1) You will need a LiFe specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH, NiCD or Li-Poly only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
2) You must not discharge the LiFe battery pack below 33% capacity during the break in period or below 2.5V per cell after break in.
3) It is not recommended that you charge this LiFe battery pack at amp rates higher than 2C.
4) Read the instructions carefully before operating this battery.
CRASH Protection Guarantee!
ProTek RC offers a 50% Damage Replacement program for one (1) year after original purchase date on all batteries that have been damaged due to impact, over-discharging, or improper charging that have not been modified or disassembled. The damaged battery will be replaced by a comparable battery at 50% off of its retail cost.
- Safe chemistry will not explode or catch fire
- More mAh per gram compared to NiMH cells, meaning lighter models, and longer runtime
- Virtually no "self discharge", so the battery is always ready to go even weeks after charging.
- Superior voltage performance under load compared to NiMH cells, with consistent torque and speed.
- Fast charge time
- Voltage: 6.6V
- Capacity: 2000mah
- Chemistry: LiFePO4
- Charge Rate: 2C
- Balance Charge Plug: XH
- Discharge Rate: 25C
- Discharge Plug: Deans type
- Dimension (LxWxH): 135x35x15mm
This product was added to our catalog on February 17, 2010