MIP's Mod1 SCTE Spur Gear is precision machined from Nylon materials and provides excellent durability characteristics while offering more gear ratio options. Additionally, this gear is available in 39 and 41 tooth count options to fine tune the gear ratio of your model and can reduce gear noise by up to 50%!
- Creates more gear ratio options for various track conditions
- Precision machined from Nylon material for excellent durability & wear
- May help reduce the gear noise level by up to 50%!
- 100% Quality made in the USA
- 39 Tooth
- Smaller than the TEN-SCTE stock 40T spur gear
- Recommended for larger tracks. Provides a smoother bottom but higher top end.
- 41 Tooth
- Larger than the TEN-SCTE stock 40T spur gear
- Recommended for smaller tracks. Provides more bottom punch but lower top speed.
Effects of Spur Gear Changes
| Larger Spur
- Increased acceleration
- Decreased top speed
- Use on smaller tracks for more punch
- Use with larger pinion to get more overall torque, while maintaining the same gear ratio
| Smaller Spur
- Decreases acceleration, but smoother
- Increases top speed
This product was added to our catalog on September 1, 2015