Kyosho's Seawind ReadySet Racing Yacht captures the stunning style and performance of a JF class yacht racing in a model worthy of its high-end status. The classic design of the 'Seawind' has cruised the waterways with grace and speed since it hoisted its colors more than 20 years ago. The large aspect ratio of the long span keel and tight response from the push-pull rudder control make up the Seawind's race-ready specifications. Sharp acceleration brings the Seawind quickly up to full speed while exceptional energy efficiency delivers maximum stability in light winds so you can use light breeze like a pro.
This Readyset package includes a molded one-piece ABS hull factory finished in a beautiful color design that comes fitted with a 2.4GHz RC system that automatically manages frequency band selection. With the Seawind, you can be cutting a wake through the water in a high-end racing yacht in next to no time, and at a reasonable cost too. In addition, the mast, keel and rudder can be detached without the use of any tools for compact storage and transport so you can take it with you on holidays without it taking up a lot of space. The sail and rudder servos are waterproof and deliver exceptional reliability under various conditions. Answer the call of the wind with this high-level Seawind Readyset!
- Readyset installed with 2.4Ghz R/C system realized at a value price.
- Pre-assembled one-piece ABS hull complete with coloring.
- Aluminum mast and boom are hard anodized for extra strength.
- Features extruded high strength aluminum mast and boom.
- Features pre-cut and sewn spin cloth main and jib sails.
- Large aspect ratio keel provides low resistance and excellent performance even under strong winds.
- Super strong structure features shaft from deck through to the ballast.
- Ballast is lead-free for environmentally friendly specifications.
- Equipped with rubber cap for easy release of water from the hull.
- Packed with accessory parts for extra detail as a display model.
- Push-pull rudder and sail control provides sure control for sharp racing performance.
- Features waterproof sail and rudder servo.
- The main mast, keel, ballast and rudder can be detached without the use of any tools.
R/C System: 2.4GHz Syncro KT-431S
Sail Area: 39dm2
Servo: [Sail] KS501SW(waterproof/torque18kg)/ [Rudder] KS202W(waterproof)
- Pre-assembled hull complete with pre-painted
- 2.4GHz Syncro KT-431S R/C system installed
- Folding wood boat stand
Needed to Complete:
- (8) AA size batteries for transmitter/receiver (4 for transmitter, 4 for receiver)
The boat comes mostly assembled. You just have to attach the rudder, keel, mast and finish running the lines. I found a manual online to help. I had to adjust the rudder servo linkages to mount the rudder. They were off a bit, preventing the rudder shaft to slide into position. Running the lines without the manual or some previous sailing knowledge would be difficult. With the manual it's not too bad.
I've only had the chance to try the boat once. It handled great. Better than I expected. Lots if fun. I taped my hatches to prevent water entry. Afterward I noticed that I was not getting full travel out of the rudder. I found the thumbscrew that holds the rudder in place had backed out. I'll add some locktite for next time.
Overall, it is a fun boat. It is just frustrating to find missing items and have to play phone/email tag to get everything you paid for. I would buy it again despite the issues.