Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Race Spec 2.0 ReadySet 1/8 Nitro Truck w/2.4GHz Radio & Engine
The Inferno Neo ST Race Spec 2.0 ReadySet (RTR) is a factory-assembled, nitro-powered racing truck thatís got World and National Championship origins, built on a foundation that benefits from more than a decade of development and refinement.
The channeled aluminum chassis is made from stronger, more durable alloy. Itís supported at the front and rear bulkheads by molded chassis braces, which are allowed to flex more than rigid aluminum braces. For years this has been a performance secret of many Kyosho racing vehicles, because a more compliant chassis brace has been the key to superior traction and handing.
The bulkheads and suspension arms are taken right from the ST-RR Evo racing kit, and the three-differential drivetrain is so effective that its one of the most copied components in the history of RC racing. Front, center and rear differentials transfer power to the wheels via a strong shaft drive system with ultra-smooth front universal driveshafts. A double disc brake system provides ample stopping power, and itís adjustable to your liking if you decide to experiment.
Molded composite big-bore shocks are fitted with distinctive bronze anodized shock caps and threaded spring pre-load adjusters. The aluminum shock towers are fitted with steel upper shock mounts, and the lower ends of the shocks mount directly to the suspension. The shocks are fully adjustable of course, and they fit a wide range of optional performance racing springs developed for the ST-RR Evo truck. Front and rear anti-roll bars are also standard, as are turnbuckle tie-rods and upper suspension links for quick and precise adjustment.
The truck is powered by a Kyosho KE25 engine, which is in its second generation. Itís refined to include a stronger conrod for increased longevity, and the internals of the pull-starter have been tweaked for more reliable and easy starting. The pull-starter is unique in that it doesnít have a one-way bearing that can wear out. Once the engine is started, the pull-starter is completely disengaged. That means that no power is being lost and thereís no hardware needlessly spinning along with the essential engine components.
A polished aluminum header and tuned pipe mounted directly to the industry-standard rear exhaust port. The header and pipe are not only much lighter, but they help the engine to product much more horsepower. The engine is fed by a racing-truck-legal 150cc flip top fuel tank, which facilitates quick on-the-fly refueling.
The radio gear is updated to the NEO ST 2.0, featuring the KT-331P 2.4GHz radio with an LCD display and full range of menu driven adjustments. Metal gear KS-5031-09MW water-proof servos are fitted for throttle and steering. The layout of the radio gear in the NEO ST 2.0 is also significantly different, using the IGW051 ďBattery Forward Conversion Set,Ē the receiver battery and radio gear is moved as far forward as possible for more forward weight bias to enhance steering response.
Last but not least, the NEO ST 2.0 sports a livery featuring the Unique Energy Drink logos on a striking silver, black and bright red paint scheme.
- World and National Championship winning chassis design with forward battery tray for improved weight distribution
- Shaft drive system with front universals and three sealed gear differentials
- Powerful revised KE.25 engine with stronger conrod and pullstarter
- Three-shoe aluminum clutch with scissor springs for strong, consistent acceleration
- High-grade, anodized aluminum chassis
- Molded composite front and rear chassis braces that allow just enough flex for superior traction
- Aluminum shock towers with durable steel upper mounting bushings
- High performance big bore oil shocks
- Turnbuckle adjustable linkages and upper suspension arms
- KT331P 2.4GHz radio system with LCD menu-based adjustments and signal loss failsafe
- Powerful and high response KS5031-09MW metal-gear, water-proof servos
- Polished, lightweight aluminum header and tuned pipe
- 150cc fuel tank is maximum size for the longest possible run times
- Flip top filler cap allows refueling with the engine running for extended bashing or racing
- Mud guards are mounted to the rear suspension arms to protect the rear drive shafts
- Slick graphics with Unique Energy Drink logo
- Fuel bottle and glowplug igniter included (2x D-size alkaline batteries for igniter not included and required)
Length: 21.7 in. (550mm)
Width: 16.8 in. (427mm)
Height: 8.9 in. (225mm)
Wheelbase: 14.0 in. (355mm)
Tread (F/R): 11.4 in. (289mm)
Tire Size (F/R): 5.8x2.6 in. (148x66mm)
Gear Ratio: 15.8:1 FDR
Approx. Weight: 132.3 oz. (3750g)
Engine: Kyosho KE25
- Factory assembled truck with painted, trimmed and mounted body
- KT-331P 2.4 GHz radio system
- Fuel bottle
- Alkaline powered glow igniter (batteries not included)
- Instruction Manual
Needed To Complete:
- (8) AA-size alkaline batteries (4x for transmitter & 4x for receiver unit)
- (2) D-size alkaline batteries for glow igniter
- Nitro Fuel
This product was added to our catalog on April 27, 2016.