This is the Hudy Universal Exclusive Set-Up System, and is intended for use with all 1/10 off road vehciles with 4.7mm wheel axles. This system supports both pin and hex drive type wheel adapters, and is used for super-precise measurement and setting of front/rear camber, toe, steering throw, and caster. Backlash-free, wobble-free mounting of the full ball-bearing equipped set-up stands (12 high-precision ball-bearings) provides ultra-smooth, ultra-precise movement and operation.
These Set-up stands are CNC-machined, hardcoated high-grade aluminum, while the toe/steering plate is CNC-machined from tough acrylic plastic. All the components feature precision engraving for instant, reliable readings. Includes handy set-up nuts for quick assembly/disassembly. Delivered in handy foam packing for comfortable and safe storage and transport.
NOTE: The toe plate included with the 1/10 off road setup system is not wide enough to fit 1/10 short course trucks. RC America recommends the HUDY 1/8 Upside Measure Plate (HUD108840) for 1/10 short course vehicles.
Set-up system is used for adjustment of:
- Camber & camber rise
- Front and rear toe
- Steering throw symmetry
- Premium-quality exclusive set-up system for 1/10 off-road vehicles with 4.7mm wheel axles with both pin and hex drive wheel adapters
- Super-precise measurement and setting of front/rear camber, toe, steering throw, caster
- Includes handy set-up nuts for quick assembly/dis-assembly
- Backlash-free, wobble-free mounting
- Fully ball-bearing equipped set-up stands (12 high-precision ball-bearings)
- Ultra-smooth, ultra-precise movement and operation
- CNC-machined, hardcoated high-grade aluminum set-up stands
- CNC-machined, tough acrylic plastic toe/steering plate
- Precision engraving for instant, reliable readings
- Delivered in handy foam packing for comfortable and safe storage and transport
This product was added to our catalog on April 8, 2010
I called RC America and described what was advertised vs. what I got, and they didn't care one bit... Thanks for nothing, RC America, Xray, and Hudy.
Incredibly well built and very easy to use. Instruction book is well written.
Note: You do need some blocks for the chassis to rest on while you make the camber/Toe changes. I did not buy the $50 partical board set up board. I just use the tool on a flat machine tabletop (I use a Delta table saw table) -
Accuracy to 1/2 degree (camber, caster, Toe....). You can watch the scales cahnge as you rotate the turnbuckles with a wrench. Makes setting up the car/trucks a clear, repeatable, documented process. I a=have also used the RPM plastic Camber/Toe tools... but not any more. I have both the 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale versions of this tool. I love them both.
The included nuts are just reqular HW store fare. Toss them. The nice Aluminim nuts that match the tool must be bought separately for ~$25. I agee with the previous poster, that the nice nuts shoujld have been included but only the regular HW store item.
It was an eye opener to see how inaccurate my set up was. Now my cambers, toe and steering are more accurate. If I could afford it, maybe I should have purchased the setup board as well. Might be smoother to work on than my work bench...